Freezing Cakes,

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 6 Nov 2009 , 7:51pm by cakebaker1957

cakebaker1957 Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 6:06pm
post #1 of 5

Hi i have to post another topic here, If i decide to do the june cake , can i fill the cakes and put them together and freeze them , with the BC icing?? Will they bulge when i take them out of the freezer, What are the pros and cons about freezing and the cakes filled ?
Thanks everyone

4 replies
prterrell Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 8:09pm
post #2 of 5

It depends on what what filling you are using. So, what filling are you using?

cakebaker1957 Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 9:03pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

It depends on what what filling you are using. So, what filling are you using?

Probably Butter cream , i know that fruit fillings are a No, No to freeze,

kakeladi Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 12:04am
post #4 of 5

W/b'cream as filling and icing you certainly can fz the cake well wrapped in plastic cling wrap, then put into a plastic bag.
When you are ready to work on the cakes take them out of the fzr; remove wrappings and let come to room temp w/o touching them.
There should not be any problem w/bulge unless the cake layers are not completely level.

cakebaker1957 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 7:51pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

W/b'cream as filling and icing you certainly can fz the cake well wrapped in plastic cling wrap, then put into a plastic bag.
When you are ready to work on the cakes take them out of the fzr; remove wrappings and let come to room temp w/o touching them.
There should not be any problem w/bulge unless the cake layers are not completely level.

Thank You kakeladi, Sorry to ask another question, but would this be alright to do for a wedding, I mean the taste will be alright wont it??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%