Favorites?

Baking By nastassia Updated 10 Nov 2009 , 12:42am by snocilla

nastassia  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nastassia Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 5:32pm
post #1 of 13

ok I've just been making the basic cakes, and I also tried the WASC but with chocolate cake mix. I was wanting to try a whole new cake, but there's sooo so many here to choose from, I was wondering what do some of u reccomend I try, that is your absolute favorite and everyone loved? please put the cake recipe AND icing recipe, and filling. thanks everyone! can't wait to try it

12 replies
 snocilla  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 13

Everyone loves this one!
http://cakecentral.com/recipes/4643/orange-creamsicle

Here ia a doc with lots of gourmet flavors. I like the Banana Caramel one a lot.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

nastassia Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 4:13am
post #3 of 13

thanks! icon_smile.gif and another dumb question, how do u get your pic up? I tried under the avatar but its says the file is too big?

tatorchip  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 4:22am
post #4 of 13
nastassia Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 2:25am
post #5 of 13

thanks icon_smile.gif

snocilla Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 2:31am
post #6 of 13

awww... How old is the baby?

nastassia Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 11:54pm
post #7 of 13

he's 3 and a half months icon_smile.gif in the pic he's 2 1/2 though. he keeps me soo busy I hardly have time to practice cakes! icon_smile.gif every once in awhile I do though, hopefully I get better lol

snocilla Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 12:09am
post #8 of 13

So precious! My youngest is 7 months icon_smile.gif

nastassia Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 12:14am
post #9 of 13

aw how cute icon_smile.gif

hey luv your cakes btw icon_smile.gif do u use cake pans or sculpt? I wanna make a dallas cowboys cake next for my aunts birthday, but I wanted to try sculpting for the first time...any tips?

snocilla Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 12:31am
post #10 of 13

Thanks!

I do a combination of both but I try to use pans that give me the basic shape. My Giants cake uses the wilton football pan. For anything round I either use the Wilton sports ball pan or bake in a bowl. Sorry, I can't help you with a Cowboy cake... I'm a Giants fan icon_smile.gif jk Here's a template for making a star out of a square if you want to make the star. I used it to make a star cake recently but, unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture. It looks like you did a really good job with the Broncos cake, so I don't think you'll have any trouble.

snocilla Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 12:32am
post #11 of 13

Also, when you sculpt, freeze the cake first, and carve while it's still partially frozen. That will make it easier to carve.

nastassia Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 12:10am
post #12 of 13

lol you're so nice! lol b/c I thought the broncos cake was a complete disaster. First of all, the cake stuck to the pan, so I kept it and decorated it in the pan lol now I finally figured out how to keep it from sticking, then I tried using rice crispy treats and fondant, from seeing it on cake boss, that turned out awful, and I couldn't even color the fondant, so I painted it on lol then I messed up the field, well and also with these mistakes I didn't have enough time b/c the lil guy needs a lot of attention icon_smile.gif

oh and from me putting the fondant over the rice crispies it was all bumpy lol I figure u must first file it down? have u decorated with rice crispies before? if so what do u use?

but yeah that was a learning cake I guess icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

snocilla Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 12:42am
post #13 of 13

Hmmm.. I've never actually used rice crispies, so I can't help you there. sorry!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%