Baking By nastassia Updated 10 Nov 2009 , 12:42am by snocilla

nastassia Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 5:32pm
post #1 of 13

ok I've just been making the basic cakes, and I also tried the WASC but with chocolate cake mix. I was wanting to try a whole new cake, but there's sooo so many here to choose from, I was wondering what do some of u reccomend I try, that is your absolute favorite and everyone loved? please put the cake recipe AND icing recipe, and filling. thanks everyone! can't wait to try it

12 replies
snocilla Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 13

Everyone loves this one!

Here ia a doc with lots of gourmet flavors. I like the Banana Caramel one a lot.

nastassia Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 4:13am
post #3 of 13

thanks! icon_smile.gif and another dumb question, how do u get your pic up? I tried under the avatar but its says the file is too big?

tatorchip Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 4:22am
post #4 of 13
nastassia Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 2:25am
post #5 of 13

thanks icon_smile.gif

snocilla Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 2:31am
post #6 of 13

awww... How old is the baby?

nastassia Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 11:54pm
post #7 of 13

he's 3 and a half months icon_smile.gif in the pic he's 2 1/2 though. he keeps me soo busy I hardly have time to practice cakes! icon_smile.gif every once in awhile I do though, hopefully I get better lol

snocilla Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 12:09am
post #8 of 13

So precious! My youngest is 7 months icon_smile.gif

nastassia Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 12:14am
post #9 of 13

aw how cute icon_smile.gif

hey luv your cakes btw icon_smile.gif do u use cake pans or sculpt? I wanna make a dallas cowboys cake next for my aunts birthday, but I wanted to try sculpting for the first time...any tips?

snocilla Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 12:31am
post #10 of 13

I do a combination of both but I try to use pans that give me the basic shape. My Giants cake uses the wilton football pan. For anything round I either use the Wilton sports ball pan or bake in a bowl. Sorry, I can't help you with a Cowboy cake... I'm a Giants fan icon_smile.gif jk Here's a template for making a star out of a square if you want to make the star. I used it to make a star cake recently but, unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture. It looks like you did a really good job with the Broncos cake, so I don't think you'll have any trouble.

snocilla Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 12:32am
post #11 of 13

Also, when you sculpt, freeze the cake first, and carve while it's still partially frozen. That will make it easier to carve.

nastassia Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 12:10am
post #12 of 13

lol you're so nice! lol b/c I thought the broncos cake was a complete disaster. First of all, the cake stuck to the pan, so I kept it and decorated it in the pan lol now I finally figured out how to keep it from sticking, then I tried using rice crispy treats and fondant, from seeing it on cake boss, that turned out awful, and I couldn't even color the fondant, so I painted it on lol then I messed up the field, well and also with these mistakes I didn't have enough time b/c the lil guy needs a lot of attention icon_smile.gif

oh and from me putting the fondant over the rice crispies it was all bumpy lol I figure u must first file it down? have u decorated with rice crispies before? if so what do u use?

but yeah that was a learning cake I guess icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

snocilla Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 12:42am
post #13 of 13

Hmmm.. I've never actually used rice crispies, so I can't help you there. sorry!

Quote by @%username% on %date%