Cookie Cake Recipe??

Baking By chica07 Updated 27 Nov 2009 , 11:40pm by zoomzone

chica07 Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 9

For some reason, when I search for these recipes, I cannot find any!

I want to make a chocolate chip cookie cake (like the kind you buy at the mall) and need a recipe, can anyone help me??

Thanks!!
Chica

8 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 4:54pm
post #2 of 9

I use the regular Nestle Toll House recipe.

Line your pan with foil and bake at 350 instead of 375 like the recipe says. It takes longer than cookies but you want to take it out while it's still a little soft in the middle, then let it cool completely in the pan and then use the foil to lift it out. You can peel the foil off once the cookie has firmed up.

luv2bake6 Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 9

You can use any chocolate chip cookie recipe.

katyrzinia Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 3:53pm
post #4 of 9

would like to make the large cookie for mr granddaughter's first birthday--just had surgery on right arm and a bit limited. would the refrigerated rolls of cookie dough work? would like to do plain sugar one and choc chip.

luv2bake6 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 4:06pm
post #5 of 9

That would definately work. Hope she feels better.

zoomzone Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 3:41pm
post #6 of 9

BUMP!! I need to make this on Sunday for my DH's BF. What kind of icing is on Mrs. Field's Choc Chip Cookie cake??? I've never had one and that is what he wants.

backermeister Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 5:33pm
post #7 of 9

You can use a chocolate buttercream or if you want a less sugary icing a chocolate ganache(pipeable) can also be used.

luv2bake6 Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 5:33pm
post #8 of 9

Any type of buttercream or icing that are normally used for cakes is fine. There are tons of recipes here.

zoomzone Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 11:40pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks ladies- I know I can use any buttercream, but I was wondering what kind is on The Mrs Field one??? I have never had it. I'm imaginging its just a simple shortening based whipped BC, but maybe I'm wrong since I haven't had it??? Thanks! icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%