Any Tutorials On How To Make A Bottle Cake That Stands Up?

Decorating By mskavon Updated 5 Nov 2009 , 6:50pm by scionmom

mskavon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mskavon Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 2:46pm
post #1 of 6

i know this question was probably asked before, but i don't have time to read thru all the posts right now.

i want to make a bottle out of cake, not rice crispies.

thanks! icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 2:56pm
post #2 of 6

Actually, I don't remember this question being asked previously.

When I did my Captain Morgan cake, I just stacked 3 layers from a sheet cake, with boards and dowels, then carved the bottle. The neck was done with a cookie cutter and some skewers.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

scionmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scionmom Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 6

I just did a patron bottle cake last week, and I searched for a tutorial and there was nothing I could find so just had to wing it. My advice is just make some cakes, stack them up, make sure you put cake boards between every two layers for serving unless you dont want it cut up that way, then just start carving. I did end up with the neck and cork being RKT, but it could have been done with cake, but when you are carving only do a little at a time because you can always take more off but putting it back on is kinda hard. Good luck!

mskavon Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 3:19pm
post #4 of 6

This was very helpful. i didn't even think to put boards in between the layers! duh! lol i'm goin to get started soon. icon_biggrin.gif

mskavon Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 3:21pm
post #5 of 6

Happy birthday!! it's mine too icon_wink.gif

scionmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scionmom Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 6:50pm
post #6 of 6

I didnt think of it either... lol. I actually didnt put them in... just let a bunch of drunk ppl carve into a cake! Funniest thing EVER!!!! Happy Birthday you two!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%