Choo-Choo Train Pan (Wilton)

Decorating By King-Girlz Updated 5 Nov 2009 , 9:42pm by King-Girlz

King-Girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
King-Girlz Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 12:52pm
post #1 of 5

Nov 14th I will be making a little boy a Thomas the train cake. I am planning to make the face out of fondant. I am renting the pan from a local store a couple of days before. However, I would like to start making the face now. If anyone has one of these pans could you please measure the front for me and tell me how round his face should be or how big I could make it. I don't want it too small or too big. The store is 30 min from my home and I thought this may be an easier way to get an answer! Thanks in advance!
LL

4 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 5

cant help with the sizes, but you would be fine to just do it on the day if no one else gets back to you.
xx

King-Girlz Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 7:26pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for your confidence! You have more than I do. I did a Thomas face and it is 3 inches wide. I am thinking it is too big. Will just star the rest of the cake. I am new to this and don't want to take 1 1/2 hrs to make another face! Thanks for your reply!
LL

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 5

Hi,

I have the pan and just measured it.....3.5".....so, I am thinking, considering some cake shrinkage , 3" is perfect!!! You lucked out on that one. 'icon_biggrin.gif'
HTH

Toni Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Girlz

Nov 14th I will be making a little boy a Thomas the train cake. I am planning to make the face out of fondant. I am renting the pan from a local store a couple of days before. However, I would like to start making the face now. If anyone has one of these pans could you please measure the front for me and tell me how round his face should be or how big I could make it. I don't want it too small or too big. The store is 30 min from my home and I thought this may be an easier way to get an answer! Thanks in advance!

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

King-Girlz Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 9:42pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you Toni Ann- you have put a smile on my face and I am sure you could hear the HUGE sign of relief! Whew! A load of my mind and 2 hrs saved next week!!!! THANKS!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%