Lounge By tatorchip Updated 6 Nov 2009 , 5:27pm by costumeczar

tatorchip Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 3:46am
post #1 of 13

I was wondering if I was the only one that thinks it is so quiet tonight on cc
hardly any new threads icon_surprised.gif

12 replies
Rylan Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 3:48am
post #2 of 13

I also did recognize that not many people have been posting lately on here during the past week.

I just posted a new thread here in the lounge, you might want to check it out.

tatorchip Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 3:49am
post #3 of 13

sure here I go

Pookie59 Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 11:27pm
post #4 of 13

Maybe it's because wedding season/cake sales are slow right now. Doesn't affect me since I'm not a pro (just a hobbier).

tatorchip Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 11:46pm
post #5 of 13

me too, Pookie59 I am just hobbier, I am to old to even think about getting a shop but love the hobby

mim1106 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 1:17am
post #6 of 13

I've been busy making decorations for my friend's birthday cake, a baby in a pram and tons of fondant leaves for my husband's squadron's Thanksgiving dinner. Which if I may brag for a minute.....He was informed today that he just won OUTSTANDING SECURITY FORCES FLIGHT-LEVEL SNCO at the AFMC level. Now he is going up against all the senior NCO's in the Air Force!!!! I am so proud of him, thanks for letting me brag!
Back to the subject, there haven't been too many new posts, have there?

tatorchip Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 1:26am
post #7 of 13

FANTASTIC
mim,
I am so happy for ya'll, tell him I said Congradulations and a big thank you for serving our country ((((SALUTE))))

mim1106 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 1:41am
post #8 of 13

he says "thank you ma'am"

costumeczar Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 2:46am
post #9 of 13

I haven't been here very much during the last couple of weeks because I've been slammed, busy busy busy. I actully don't think that I've left my kitchen since the beginning of October. I deliberately stopped working tonight even though I'll pay for it tomorrow. My back hurts, I needed to sit down! icon_sad.gif

kakeladi Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 3:23am
post #10 of 13

I visit several cake message boards and it is this slow - well actually slower on all of them. It's the lull before the storm of the holidays icon_smile.gif

tatorchip Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 3:41am
post #11 of 13

costumeczar I feel your pain but from the cleaning I did yesterday and today, trying to do the big things before the holidays lol

kakeladi that is what I think also

-Tubbs Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 6:03am
post #12 of 13

I agree - I've been noticing things being pretty slow for the last couple of weeks. I guess things go in phases for everyone.

costumeczar Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 5:27pm
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

costumeczar I feel your pain but from the cleaning I did yesterday and today, trying to do the big things before the holidays lol

kakeladi that is what I think also

Hahaha, I was thinking yesterday that it's pretty sad when I start thinking that I'd like to have some time off from cakes so that I can clean my house! How sad is it when THAT'S what I'm looking forward to!

Now I have to go back to the kitchen for more work... icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%