How Is This Done....

Decorating By suchalaydee1 Updated 5 Nov 2009 , 1:36pm by Loucinda

suchalaydee1 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 10:57pm
post #1 of 8

Could some one tell me what kind of rhinestones are used for this cake ( if they are rhinestones)
Also the wrtting on the cake...what kind of paper is that written on and how is it done in rhinestones..

Thank you

7 replies
Starkie Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 8

Don't know about the rhinestones, but I would bet that the writing is an edible image. HTH!

SJ169 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 11:05pm
post #3 of 8

hmm about the jewels they look like the diamond paper weights you can get at michaels. that was my first guess and as far as the writing i would think it is an edible image as well... HTH icon_biggrin.gif

tanyascakes Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 11:10pm
post #4 of 8

I have seen som things like the writing at hobby lobby in the scrapbooking section. It is some kind of sticker thing. But I am sure you could back it up with wax paper and cut around it before you appliedit to the cake. I have no idea about your rhinestones, though! HTH!!

summernmicah99 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 11:17pm
post #5 of 8

Reminds me of the Be-Dazzler. Kinda like rhinestone studs or gems on a wide ribbon.

suchalaydee1 Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 12:14am
post #6 of 8

SJ169 & Starkie I thought it was an edible image wasnt sure...
Thank you to all that responded!!!!

prterrell Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 2:03am
post #7 of 8

It looks to me like the rhinestones are attached to one of the plastic things you can put around cakes like Boston Cream Pie to keep all the filling in place.

Loucinda Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 1:36pm
post #8 of 8

You can buy those letters already done at Michaels, I am not sure what they put them on.....I think it is what the PP said - the mylar that is used to hold fillings in.

Quote by @%username% on %date%