Writing Messages On Cakes!

Decorating By sweetbaker1019 Updated 4 Nov 2009 , 10:40pm by JenniferMI

sweetbaker1019 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker1019 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 9:38pm
post #1 of 4

hi guys! so im made this beautiful square cake (12 inch) with beautiful piping and buttercream roses and it was gorgeous!! and then it came down to writing happy birthday lu, cindy, hannah, joe, and like a couple other names (yeah i know it was alot of names!) anyways when i came to writing i started and it looked horrible!! like it ruined the whole cake in my eyes i mean it looked like kid writing lol! and it was to big for the cake itself. so anyways why i am posting this is to ask you guys if there are any tricks to help me write better on a cake or at least get the sizing right???!!! any tricks or tools?? TIA!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 4

Writing can definately make or break a cake. I always use my KopyKake projector....LOVE it! I make the message on my computer, print it out and pop it in. Trace the words with a pin and the writing is PERFECT EVERYTIME....and you also get perfect spacing EVERYTIME. I've had mine for years, worth every dollar spent.

Jen icon_smile.gif

sweetbaker1019 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker1019 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 9:49pm
post #3 of 4

jen- how much did you pay for it?? also do you have link for which on you got??

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 10:40pm
post #4 of 4

OMG it was so long ago it probably was free icon_smile.gif I've had mine over 30 years. KopyKake makes at least a couple of them, get the cheaper one, it works GREAT.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%