Tranporting Cakes

Decorating By Pickulz Updated 4 Nov 2009 , 9:16pm by metria

Pickulz Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 10

Im sure this has been asked before...but for some reason the search function on CC doesnt seem to be working for me....

How do you all tranport cakes? I need to transport a simple rectangular cake....its 12 x 18 inch sheet cake (2 layers).but not sure how to put it in the car...it will be sliding everywhere...

9 replies
creations Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 10

i use pieces of the drawer liners with the rubber on them it help from sliding in the cake box and car

hilly Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 10

Flat surface and non slip shelf liner under the cake and if you can, under the box if you have one.

leah_s Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 8:12pm
post #4 of 10

yep, non-skid is a wonderful product.

metria Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 8:26pm
post #5 of 10

Can you just put the cake in a box and put it in the trunk? Can you transport tiered cakes in a car?

metria Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 8:37pm
post #6 of 10

I'd really like to do a tiered cake for my aunt's 60th, but it has to survive a 2 hour car drive. And we're going straight to a restaurant...don't really have time or space to assemble it on site...

KHalstead Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 8:40pm
post #7 of 10

how many tiers are we talkin? If you've got time order some SPS plates and your cake will be fine. Again shelf liner under the cake board and then under the box the cake is in.

metria Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 8:44pm
post #8 of 10

2 tiers should be able to make it without SPS, right? I hope? Dowel down the middle?

cakesalone Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 9:05pm
post #9 of 10

I use plastic storage totes, like sterilite or rubbermaid. I just turn the tote upside down and use the lid as a base. The only problem is you only have so much "upward" cake space. But, if you got a deep tote, you should still be able to use that for a tiered cake, up to a certain layer. Then my husband will strap it into the car seat for me just, just like the precious cargo it is.

metria Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 9:16pm
post #10 of 10

Great idea! I'll see if I can get an appropriately sized container.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%