Can't Believe I Am So Stupid!!!

Lounge By Barb1959 Updated 7 Nov 2009 , 9:51pm by Barb1959

Barb1959 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 7

It's 11:05am in NJ and I am sitting with my leg up with ice on it. About an hour ago I twisted my ankle on the curb outside by house putting bags of leaves in my truck to go to recycling.

It really hurts and I am waiting to go to the Foot and Ankle doctor at 2pm. I coul have gone to the ER but if I did anything serious they would have to send me there anyway.

On a positive side - I got all my leaves racked and now my son and DH have to bring them to the dumps. Crazy way of getting out of the final stages of yard work LOL.

Please pray that I did not do anything too serious. It is my right foot.

6 replies
TheCakerator Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 4:14pm
post #2 of 7

will be sending positive thoughts your way! Hopefully its just a little irritated and no major harm done!

Texas_Rose Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 7

Oh, you poor girl! I hope it's nothing major...a sprain can feel really, really bad without being anything terribly major.

I broke my leg in Feburary...went out to check the car after a hailstorm, slipped in the mud, and broke it. Then didn't know how I would get back in the house so I crawled to the wall and stood up and of course fell right down again...the first fall broke the bone, the second tore out all the ligaments, so after I crawled back into the house my foot was flopping around in a nasty way...I had to move it with my hand to keep it from pointing in some impossible direction. And there are stairs going to my door and I am a big girl so I had to call the firemen to come and help me get to the car. I really like firemen icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif but it was kind of embarrassing. And then I got to the hospital and they did xrays and when it was time for the doctor to read them, all the doctors and nurses were gathering around the screen going "what's that thing?" "that's part of the bone" "no way, all the way out there?" I had to have surgery but couldn't have it right away and they didn't splint the leg very well so when I moved I could feel the bone ends meeting in there. I kept waking up beating the bed (and hitting DH) because I would think that the bed was on fire in my sleep, and it was just pain in the leg. It's all better now but apparently my leg may set off metal detectors if I ever have to go through one icon_biggrin.gif

So there's my terrible story and you can read it and say, "At least that didn't happen to ME!" and maybe worry a little less about your foot...when something's really, really wrong you can pretty much tell.

Barb1959 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for all your well wishes. Will post when I return from doctor. Texas Rose, thanks for that detailed report of your injury. and Yes thank God mine is not that bad.LOL

mightydragon663 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 9:00pm
post #5 of 7

OUCH! Sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope it is feeling better soon.

Texas Rose, your story just sends shivers through my leg! Yikes! I'm glad to hear that it is better now.

Texas_Rose Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 10:38pm
post #6 of 7

Hey Barb, what did the doctors say? How are you feeling now?

Barb1959 Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 9:51pm
post #7 of 7

Sorry I didn't post sooner. My daughter had my computer. I am doing okay. I severely sprained my ankle. I was taped up and on crutches until this moning. It is still swollen and very black and blue. It hurts only if I turn it a certain way (so I don't do that. LOL). I am taking it easy and hopefull soon it will be better. thanks for all your interest

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%