Three Dozen Cupcakes This Weekend

Baking By kaddikakes Updated 5 Nov 2009 , 12:33pm by kaddikakes

kaddikakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaddikakes Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 5

Okay so I have to make three dozen cupcakes this weekend. Can I make my cupcakes on Saturday, fill them, decorate them on Sunday and deliver them on Monday? I'm going to do red velvet and spice with cream cheese filling then I'm going to decorate in buttercream (trying the turkey). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

4 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 5

I don't see why not, but if you're using cream cheese in the filling then they need to be refrigerated.

if you've got some Rich's Bettercreme you can make an awesome cream cheese filling by adding some cheesecake pudding mix to it and whip it up, then it can be at room temp for up to 5 days!

kaddikakes Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 5

EeeKKK . . . thanks for telling me. I completely didn't think they had to be refrigerated . . . my fridge is not big enough. I wonder if anywhere here in Cape Coral, FL sells the Rich's Bettercreme?? Maybe I'll just stick with buttercream or maybe nothing. Again thank you very much. (PS love your picture)

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 9:06pm
post #4 of 5

Sometimes Sam's sells Rich's bettercreme. And so does Gordon Food Services if you have one there.

kaddikakes Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 12:33pm
post #5 of 5

Thought of something else. If I bake on Saturday do they need to go into the fridge or can I just put the uniced cupcakes in a box and cover them. I will then decorate them on Sunday . . . if I just use the "normal" buttercream icing do they have to be refrigerated Sunday night before delivering them Monday morning?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%