Do You Have An Own Fridge For Your Cakes?

Decorating By Sweetsbym Updated 5 Nov 2009 , 2:22am by paulstonia

Sweetsbym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetsbym Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 12:14pm
post #1 of 13

I don't know if this is the right forum where I can Post this thread, well Here it goes icon_biggrin.gif I was wondering for all the Home baker who do gets lots of order/request for cakes (specially this coming Christmas season). Do you have a separate fridge for your cakes? Or you use the family's refrigerator? icon_biggrin.gif I'm thinking of buying my own fridge since there are a lot of things going on in our refrigerator icon_lol.gif

12 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 12:55pm
post #2 of 13

Yes I have my own cake frige. But the home frige gave up the ghost so my cake frige is now the home frige...hmmm....

icon_biggrin.gif

Enchantedcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Enchantedcakes Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:23pm
post #3 of 13

I have two, mainly because if I didn't my kids would get into my baking. All my paid orders are kept at the caterers kitchen I work out of but all of my stuff for my family/neighbors and for cub scouts is kept in my second fridge, I could not live without it. For Halloween I had to make enough desserts for my sons cub scout party and for our large family party, my normal fridge would never have held it all, two cakes, brownies, jello molds, cake balls, chocolate covered pretzels, candy apples, etc.

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:34pm
post #4 of 13

Extra fridges are awesome!! They are worth every penny! You don't have to worry about funky smells or small fingerstouching or bumping it.

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:39pm
post #5 of 13

Sure do, love it. I know there won't be any odd aromas or touching of the cakes.

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:46pm
post #6 of 13

Yep - I do too and I think it's almost a necessity if you make lots of cakes. I love being able to have all my cakes in a controlled environment (meaning: no onion smells etc). I also store leftover color icings for those small jobs. Even a used fridge is a great investment if you don't want to purchase a new one.

SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 3:11pm
post #7 of 13

My dh and I just got a new fridge a week ago, the old one was running for long periods of time and not cooling enough, if it works after sitting and defrosting a while I will have a fridge to share with beer, soda, and nothing else.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 4:01pm
post #8 of 13

Separate.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 6:38pm
post #9 of 13

If you were shopping, would you get a freezer, or a refrig/freezer? (Dedicated for baking)

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 7:21pm
post #10 of 13

Yup..I have 2....1 in the garage and the second is the garage..Here the winter's get really cold so I have a large table also in the gargage to set cake on.

egensinnig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
egensinnig Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 8:03pm
post #11 of 13

I have a fridge/freezer in our "summer room" A glass veranda with a bar that we use during summer. Good for chilled beverages and CAKE! It's our old fridge that we replaced because it was not big enough. And it's perfect for 3-4 cakes!

Sweetsbym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetsbym Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 9:58pm
post #12 of 13

I think I would like to buy a Fridge with freezer. Im finding it hard to store my unfrosted and frosted cakes in Our fridge now a days Im concern with the odor too. and well my Ganache got murdered last week and I think i know who the culprit is leaving finger prints icon_lol.gif Helllooooooooo electricity bills.

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 2:22am
post #13 of 13

I have both, a extra fridge and a chest freezer. Love them both. But if I had to pick, I'd get the fridge first.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%