Rit Questions...

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 4 Nov 2009 , 11:07pm by CakeMommyTX

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 11:25am
post #1 of 2

I read the directions last night for this and have a few questions.

Do you flip the transfer over and use the reverse side as the front on the finished transfer?

If adding the stick how long do you let the transer dry before adding it and how long does it dry before you are able to stick it in the cake.

I have made 2 RIT and they were ok but not like the OP of the directions hers are awesome so I would like to practice more.

TIA

1 reply
CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 2

I'm not sure which tutorial you're referring to but I can tell you how I've done it before, maybe that will help.
I basically did it the same way you woul decorate a cookie but instead of icing a cookie I did it on wax paper.

I printed the image I wanted to do and taped it to a cutting board, then I taped a piece of wax paper over that so I could see the image.
Then I made some stiff RI and some thinner for the filling (I think cookies pros call it flooding?)
I then outlined the image and filled in with the colors I wanted.
Let that dry and then outlined it one more time with a #1 tip just so all the lines were crisp.
Once it was dry (about a day) I peeled off the wax paper flipped it over and piped on one more layer of stiff RI and added a skewer.
I let that dry for at least another day.
The extra layer of RI made it a bit stronger, but you could always attache it to some gumpaste or dried fondant for extra stabilty.
HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%