Whipp Cream Under Fondant

Decorating By conchita Updated 13 Feb 2010 , 3:48am by conchita

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 4:39am
post #1 of 7

Hello I have a question
yesturday I saw The cake bosss show and I notice that Buddy used whipp cream to frost and fill the robot cake, then he cover the cake with fondant do you know what type of whipp cream is this?

6 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:22pm
post #2 of 7

I would assume it was a stabilized whip cream icing (made by adding gelatin). You just have to ensure you get the timing right (and that the gelatin is the right consistency) It's really tasty and if you use wh choc, even better! You may have some luck in recipes... If I don't see a similar recipe there, I'll post mine later today. Hope this is what you were referring to! icon_biggrin.gif

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 7

Cake Boss uses Italian Buttercream for filling and crumbcoating. There are lots of recipes available for it. Give it a try, people love the flavor. You'll love the ease of use.

conchita Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 11:26pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesrock

I would assume it was a stabilized whip cream icing (made by adding gelatin). You just have to ensure you get the timing right (and that the gelatin is the right consistency) It's really tasty and if you use wh choc, even better! You may have some luck in recipes... If I don't see a similar recipe there, I'll post mine later today. Hope this is what you were referring to! icon_biggrin.gif

thank you so much for helping me, I need to try it thumbs_up.gif

conchita Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 11:27pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapazlady

uses Italian Buttercream for filling and crumbcoating. There are lots of recipes available for it. Give it a try, people love the flavor. You'll love the ease of use.

lapazlady thank you so much I will look for one thumbs_up.gif

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 4:52am
post #6 of 7

Whipped cream icing under fondant is, generally, a mess.

The whipped cream has a high water content and deflates under the weight of the fondant. The cakes absorb the water and can then weep. The water can melt the fondant and make it sticky.

This isn't a problem with meringue buttercreams or decorator's buttercreams.

Rae

conchita Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 3:48am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

Whipped cream icing under fondant is, generally, a mess.

The whipped cream has a high water content and deflates under the weight of the fondant. The cakes absorb the water and can then weep. The water can melt the fondant and make it sticky.

This isn't a problem with meringue buttercreams or decorator's buttercreams.

Rae

Thank you so much BlakesCakes for the info. I am wondering if Pastry Pride is the same as the whipped cream icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%