Feeling Sick...what Would You Do????

Decorating By Lovemesomecake Updated 4 Nov 2009 , 3:58pm by JenniferMI

Lovemesomecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovemesomecake Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:02am
post #1 of 6

I have a cake to do this weekend for a customer. I was going to start on it Thursday...the only problem is I'm feeling sick today. Sore throat, LOW grade fever and headache. If I still feel this way tomorrow should I call and tell the client I can't do the cake for her? Even though I won't be starting on it until Thursday, I'm scared I may be drained even if I feel better. What would you do??? Should I wait till Thursday to see how I feel or give her a longer notice by telling her tomorrow???

5 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:18am
post #2 of 6

I personally would just keep your hands perfectly clean and/or wear gloves..keep the kitchen spotless...and even wear a mask if you want, and do the cake...

sugarandslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandslice Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:35am
post #3 of 6

I made a cake this weekend and I had a stonking cold. Admittedly it was for my own daughter, but even so, it was going to be eaten by a lot of people.
I made sure to keep my hands REALLY clean and had the antibacterial hand rub close by at all times. It took so much longer to do the cake because I kept having to leave the room to blow my nose, then wash and dry my hands, then sanitise them.
As kitagrl said, just keep everything as clean as possible and wear a face mask if you have one.

Hope you feel better soon
icon_smile.gif

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:51am
post #4 of 6

If you feel you might be too drained to do the cake I suggest you tell you client now so that she can have enough time to make alternative arrangements or if you have any good cake buddies , you can get them to help you out for a commission.Hope you feel better soon icon_smile.gif

Karabear1125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karabear1125 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 2:53am
post #5 of 6

It all depends on how you are feeling, if you are feeling a bit better by Thursday then like the others said, just keep everything clean.. I was really sick last week with bronchitis and had a cake due for my sister's MIL birthday party..I asked her if she still wanted me to do it since I was sick and it amazes how people don't care and still want the cake lol me on the other hand, no way..total germaphobe!.. anyways it took me forever to finish it cause I felt like crap.. Hope you feel better soon!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 3:58pm
post #6 of 6

If you feel up to doing it, I would wear a mask and scrub hands often. You migth be honest with the customer and leave the ball in her court. If you do these things, does she want you to do the cake. If she comes to pick it up and clearly sees you are sick.... that might upset her.

That is what I would do.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%