Gum Paste Flower Kit

Decorating By Sweet_Stephanies_Creation Updated 4 Nov 2009 , 12:25am by weirkd

Sweet_Stephanies_Creation Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 12:04am
post #1 of 4

Does anyone know where you can get a good Gum paste flower kit?

3 replies
PinkLisa Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 12:15am
post #2 of 4

I think it's best to buy the individual metal flower cutters you are interested in. I don't like the plastic cutters which many kits are made with.

pattycakesnj Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 12:22am
post #3 of 4

If you are just starting out and don't want to spend a lot of money, buy the Wilton gumpaste flower kit at Michaels or AC Moore with the 40 % off coupon. You can make some decent flowers with it. However, for better quality cutters, (but more money) I suggest the cutters that Scott Clark Woolley sells on his website. Great cutters and great customer service. HTH and welcome to CC

weirkd Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 12:25am
post #4 of 4

I dont know any other besides Wilton that has several different flowers in it. I dont like them because their pretty basic, not having much for realism. I know Global Sugar Art is advertising new kits. I havent seen what is included but Im sure if you email Alan or ask one of the gals in the store, they would be happy to tell you what it includes.
But what I suggest is get a set of tools (Wilton's are fine for beginners) and a celpad or foam board. Then start with one or two different flowers. Get something like a rose cutter or something easy and practice until you get the hang of it. Then add others as your experience and interest grows. Lord knows you dont want to spend a ton of money on something and then find out you hate doing it! Some people are really good at it and love to do it and others would rather buy them because they hate it. So start small at first is my suggestion!

Quote by @%username% on %date%