Gumpaste Poinsettia Flower Help :)

Decorating By Caths_Cakes Updated 3 Nov 2009 , 7:19pm by Caths_Cakes

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 6

Hiya everyone icon_smile.gif Im looking for a good Poinsettia cutter set so i can make and have my flowers wired ready in time for christmas. I was looking to post this in the UK Baker thread seen as i am from the uk but alas, i couldnt find it ! ive only ever made gumpaste roses before with a 5 petal cutter, and really have no clue about which cutters would be as some are smooth leafs, some are like . . Pointy leafs, so confusing lol! Anyway, if anyone has any advice it would be greatly apreciated icon_smile.gif

I have seen a set of 7 FMM Cutter on ebay, And also on lawsons, these have quite defined leafy shapes, as i said, others on ebay have a really smooth leaf shape. If any of you have and use these, please tell me if they are worth getting

Thank you ! x

5 replies
Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 6

You can order them from Jennifer Dontz. She has good prices and makes lovely flowers. I made the Poinsettia in one of her classes that you can see in my pictures with her cutters and direction of course. She is really good. Just type in jenniferdontz.com and you are there.
Forgot to add that she is Jennifer MI on here.

sugarlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlicious Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 6

I am not sure about where to buy cutters, maybe someone else will be able to help you but this is a great tutorial how to make poinsettas icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.anarka.dk/kager/julestjernetut.html

Caths_Cakes Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 6

Thankyou Donnagardner, your flowers are fabulous, can i ask, did you use a specific viener for the poinsettias too?

And thankyou sugarlicious, thats extreemly helpful!

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 7:17pm
post #5 of 6

I used the one she recommended for this flower. I used hers when I made the flower so I dont know the exact one but she will help you with which veiners go with which cutters and so on. You can contact her via her website. She is very helpful. Thanks for your comments on my flowers.

Caths_Cakes Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 7:19pm
post #6 of 6

Thankyou, thats really great icon_smile.gif Had a look and going to order what i need tonight, cant wait to get started! Wooh icon_biggrin.gif x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%