Who To Contact

Business By momma28 Updated 4 Nov 2009 , 6:30pm by momma28

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 14

It has been so long since I worked in an office I can't remember who organizes holiday parties. Anyone know? I am getting ready to send out my holiday flyers.

Thank you for any help icon_smile.gif

13 replies
majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 14

Here it is usually the chef secretary (or admin assistant, however it is called) you want to contact. Even when it isn't the right person, they are used to handling and forwarding such things.

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 14

Human Resources or Office Manager

momma28 Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 5:15pm
post #4 of 14

Thank you icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 8:59pm
post #5 of 14

Depends on how big the office is. Smaller offices, it's the office manager, who usually doubles as the HR person. Slightly bigger offices, the office manager can delegate to the Admin or the office secretary. once you start getting into larger offices, each dept tends to do their own. I worked in an office of 300-400 women and we had an Employee Association, who spent the entire year doing raffles and small fund raisers, to raise enough money to plan the Christmas Party for the employees. The company management team had nothing to do with the holiday parties. So it just depends.

momma28 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:18am
post #6 of 14

Ok now do you think email or snail mail. Was planning snail mail but just wondering what others do. I wont complain about not spending on stamps LOL

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:31am
post #7 of 14

If you can find their email address - it's worth a try. I think that snail mail would capture their attention. But really, why not drop off some flyers yourself personally. Talk to them...let them know what you offer. Have some samples if possible.

majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 7:43am
post #8 of 14

If it is doable, I would bring it personally. Sorry, but lot of email gets to be deleted straight away. With snail mail, you have better chance to be noticed, but personal delivery is still way to go.

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:05pm
post #9 of 14

I agree...try to do most of them personally (maybe attach a small treat), if you cannot at least snail mail. Emails get filtered to trash or just gets deleted. Remember...you are not the only offer they will get!

indydebi Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:16pm
post #10 of 14

this is somewhat old school ( and I remember when it was cutting edge technology!) but do not fax anything. Those definitely go straight in the trash! Especially if it's a centrally located printer/fax.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:21pm
post #11 of 14

Our receptionist is now stuck with the job of party planning!

tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:39pm
post #12 of 14

I would drop off a small plate of samples and then after you are able to speak to someone mail a colorful postcard or note to keep you in their minds! This way you can mail it direcly to the correct person. This is especially for the larger companies.

Tracy

indydebi Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 4:56pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by metria

Our receptionist is now stuck with the job of party planning!

In my secretary days, I remember just that feeling.....being "stuck" doing that crap!

First year that I got promoted to the manager's secretary and one of the ladies asked me when I was going to start collecting money for the boss's christmas gift. I said, "why would I do that?" She said, "Because the other secretary always did it!" I said, "Then you better call HER and find out when SHE is going to collect money. I dont' like christmas shopping for my family ... I'll be damned if I get stuck doing it for people at work."

And so she formed a committee to buy a gift for the boss! icon_biggrin.gif

momma28 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 6:30pm
post #14 of 14

I think I will try to set aside a day next week to go around. Maybe I will make some cake truffles to bring around. I have a carved cake for this saturday so there will definately be scrap of that one.....Cappucino Tiramisu it is icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%