During this time of year, I always get asked about my turkey cake. Here are the directions if anyone is interested...
Turkey Cake Directions
1. Bake a 9 x 13 cake, a cake using the Wilton egg pan, and at least 4 mini eggs using the Wilton mini egg pan.
2. Place the larger egg cake on top of the 9 x 13 and carve around for the body of the turkey. The 9 x 13 is to give more height to the body.
3. Ice with brown tinted BC
4. Attach mini eggs to the side of the cake to make the legs. Use straws, dowels or toothpicks.
5. Attach ice cream cones to the mini eggs to complete the leg. I stuffed the cones with cake scraps so I could stuff dowel rods into it to attach to mini eggs. You may have to play with this a little to see what works for you.
6. Ice the rest with BC.
7. I then shaped fondant to look like a bone and attached to the end of the ice cream cone.
8. Use a paper towel to go over BC to give a textured effect. I like the cheap paper towel that has lots of raised dots on the back side of it.
9. Airbrush with brown air brush color focusing on certain areas more for a roasted effect.
10. The stuffing around the turkey is toasted left over cake scraps and the lettuce is fondant.
I went into your photos to see a picture of your turkey cake....it is AWESOME!! Thanks you so much for taking the time to post the instructions! Can't wait to try it
Thank you for sharing!
Hiii! HOw are you!!? how do you think it will look if a person uses the big ball pan! I don't have the oval or egg shaped pan!