Baking 2 Cakes???

Decorating By Unisteph Updated 3 Nov 2009 , 2:15pm by Unisteph

Unisteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unisteph Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 1:27pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a 1/2 sheet cake for my husbands 40th birthday party. I want to make to so that I can layer them. Usually I only make 1 1/2 sheet so I was wondering if I could bake two 1/2 sheets in the oven at the same time. One rack on top of the other. Or would it be better to cook them individually? I have a speed bake over (similar to convection). Just not sure if having one cake over the other in the oven will cause them to not bake properly. Just trying to cut down on baking time but not at the cost of cooking my cakes properly.

Thanks in advance!!

2 replies
majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 1:38pm
post #2 of 3

Yes, you can bake both at one time. If the size of your oven allows it, put them bit offset - not directly on top of each other. Halfway in baking time switch them - so the bottom one becomes the top one. Watch your oven more carefully than you would normal - no need to be paranoid, but quick check through the closed oven door now and then is good.

If you are really unsure, you can lower the baking temperature slightly - you would need to bake the cakes bit longer, but it can help. I bake all my cakes on 320 F (160 C) in my oven, be it with convection (up to on 3 different racks at once) or one cake.

Be prepared to check the cakes early - you shouldn't get any problems, but sometimes one cake is done few minutes earlier than the other one.

Unisteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unisteph Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 2:15pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%