Favorite Shoe Inserts?

Lounge By adree313 Updated 4 Nov 2009 , 9:53pm by Texas_Rose

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 4:55am
post #1 of 11

i love my slip on vans. they're easy and relatively comfortable... except now that i'm working and hustling around for 6, 7, 8 hours a day, not PERFECTLY comfortable, but i can't get myself to go out and get "sensible" (aka ugly) shoes.

so, what are your favorite shoe inserts? any that you highly recommend?

10 replies
adree313 Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 5:24am
post #2 of 11

oh, and to clarify, i don't really have any other problems like back, or knee issues or anything. just sore feet after work! icon_smile.gif mostly my heels.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 5:38am
post #3 of 11

You sound like me when I was younger...I always used to try to work in nice shoes, boots, etc...but when you're standing up all day, comfort comes first. You can always put the cute shoes in your locker or leave them in the car and just slip them on after work.

Comfortable shoes don't have to be butt ugly either...lots of athletic shoes have more cushion and arch support.

Inserts never helped me much, the cheap ones were too cheap and the expensive ones felt like I had to keep them even when they didn't do anything for me.

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 5:38am
post #4 of 11

don't have any inserts, but I love my crocs. they have "bistro" style which are non skid sole and closed in for kitchen work.. the only time my feet were sore, I had worn them 16 hours

Texas_Rose Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 5:41am
post #5 of 11

That's true, Crocs are good too. The only thing about them is, if you step on something sharp like broken glass, it goes right through the shoe.

lilthorner Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 5:50am
post #6 of 11

i havent ever had anything tear/break my shoe.. not even the regular crocs.. But bistro has a different type of sole

http://www.crocs.com/crocs-bistro/10075,default,pd.html?cgid=women-footwear-work

adree313 Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 6:14am
post #7 of 11

that's the thing... they're not even what most would consider "cute" or "nice" lol. just regular, old school, canvas vans. they're my comfort shoes. comfort as in... like a blanket, not comfortable icon_smile.gif

i do have crocs that i got for when i was in culinary school. the only reasons i gave in was 1) we had to get safer shoes than canvas 2) comfort 4) everyone else wore them, so you weren't the "odd ball out" (yep, high school mentality is still shining bright when it comes to these things for me!!) and 4) i was scared of my chef instructors icon_biggrin.gif

i'll do some searching on inserts and try em out for a week or two, but i feel like i'm going to have to give in eventually lol.

thanks everyone!

lilthorner Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 6:28am
post #8 of 11

Lol that's funny! Your security blanket! We were never allowed to wear crocs because no one knew about the bistro. Even my "work" shoes that I bought hurt!! Ugh

FullMoonRanch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullMoonRanch Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 1:12pm
post #9 of 11

My husband has flat feet and his feet frequently hurt him. He just got a pair of Dr. Shoall's (sp?) inserts at Walmart. Walmart has something you stand on a tells you which of their inserts would be best for you. They are about $50. Kind of expensive but it was worth it for him. He said the inserts have been pretty good. Good luck - aching feet are no fun!

mightydragon663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mightydragon663 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 8:09pm
post #10 of 11

My husband uses "Superfeet". They come in different styles for different needs. They run about $40. If you have never worn inserts, that's the route I would try first.
Unfortunately, I am not that lucky. I had to invest in a pair of custom orthotics. They were freakin' expensive, but worth every penny! If you go the custom route, don't go to Goodfeet, go to a certified pedorthist. They make the orthotics themselves and can adjust them to fit perfectly.
I love them!

Texas_Rose Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 9:53pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilthorner

i havent ever had anything tear/break my shoe.. not even the regular crocs.. But bistro has a different type of sole

http://www.crocs.com/crocs-bistro/10075,default,pd.html?cgid=women-footwear-work

I got a piece of glass stuck in one and it was inside the rubber so it didn't show from either side but when I stepped just right (or wrong) it poked through and cut my foot.

That's good to know about the other ones, though icon_biggrin.gif They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever had.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%