How Do I Make Wired Daisies?

Decorating By krm52200 Updated 3 Nov 2009 , 11:45am by krm52200

krm52200 Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 2:43am
post #1 of 4

I've watched a few tutorials on making daisies and have made them several times before but I've never done them on wire and I can't find a tutorial that shows them wired. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance.

3 replies
jensenscakes Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 2:59am
post #2 of 4

On mine I made a ball of gumpaste on the end of the wire and flattened the end of it and then stuck my daisy on the end of the flat spot. Hope that made sense.

icer101 Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 3:17am
post #3 of 4

make a tiny hook at the end of a 28g wire.. make a mexican hat. roll out from center .. all the way around. cut out with a calyx cutter.. thread wire down thru center. taking the hook to the top of center.. make a slight hollow in the middle with ball tool.. set in front of a table fan to start drying. after it sits a little. you can go on and cut out two daisy petals.. of course .. shape up the petals as you do when you make them off the wire.. make them move a little.. glue first one to center of calyx.. then the second one .. glue in between the petals of first one. then make the center. and glue.. let dry completely. then tape your green tape (half width) from under the calyx .. down the wire.. i teach this method at michaels in the g/p class. i bring all the flowers up to date when i teach this class. hth.. make you some daisy leaves also. on wire.. and tape these to the main flower... don.t put a hook in this wire for the leaves.

krm52200 Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 11:45am
post #4 of 4

Thank you both. I'm going to give it a try today. Keep your fingers crossed icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%