Stack Of Books Cake

Decorating By Niki11784 Updated 4 Nov 2009 , 5:48am by FlourPots

Niki11784 Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 12:29am
post #1 of 8

Hi guys! I am planning on making a cake as a stack of books, and I need as many tips as possible!! I remember a few months ago, someone posted a picture of her stacked books cake that was almost perfect,but after she assembled it, the stack basically crumbled together, and everyone posted tips on how to prevent that. Does anyone know where I can find that? Or where I can find a tutorial on how to make a stacked books cake? Any tips and advice is appreciated!

7 replies
Niki11784 Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 7:15pm
post #3 of 8

Cool, thanks. Does anyone remember that forum that I am talking about? It was a beautiful stack of books- I think it was for back to school or end of school, with pencils. But after the cake was stacked, it crumbled and colllapsed, and the baker had posted a picture in forums to see what she did wrong. Can anyone find that forum? I have been searching with no luck...

Niki11784 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 5:21am
post #5 of 8

Woohoo! It IS!! Thank you! How did you find it?

FlourPots Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 5:33am
post #6 of 8

You're welcome...

I use the search button that's on the same line as "my account"...(right beside "buddy list"), when trying to find a thread or post.

If looking for a certain style or theme of cake photos, I use the other one (above, next to the FAQ).

Niki11784 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 5:39am
post #7 of 8

I tried that, couldnt find it. Thank you so much!

FlourPots Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 5:48am
post #8 of 8

Yeah...It's not always crystal clear if you don't have at least some of the title, or the author's name, but...

I typed (in Keywords)...book cake collapse
then clicked...Search for all terms
then hit...Search

The third one down (Grad Cake's Sad Smooshing), seemed like it might be the one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%