Girl Baby Shower Ideas

Decorating By Texas_Rose Updated 3 Nov 2009 , 5:30am by SecretAgentCakeBaker

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 12:20am
post #1 of 6

I'm making a cake for a baby shower for a girl. The cake is going to be 6" and 10", covered in fondant.

That's all the input I have from my friend who needs the cake. She doesn't care what flavor or what color. I asked if the mom-to-be had registered somewhere and if she had everything in a particular pattern, figuring I'd match the cake to that...nope. I asked what color the plates and stuff are, or if I could see the front of an invitation...just generic, nothing special, girl colors. I gave her a couple of ideas, hoping she would know what she wanted...nope, doesn't matter, "surprise me"

So what should I do?

She said "surprise me" on her wedding cake and that worked out fine but I hate the idea of the cake not matching anything at the party.

5 replies
FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 12:26am
post #2 of 6

I LOVE pink, brown, and green color combination. I did a baby boy shower cake (blue and white tiered in my photos) based on a Pink Cake Box design and everyone loved it, it could easily translate to girl colors.

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 4:06am
post #3 of 6

I second the pink and brown colors. I love that combination! I wouldn't worry about the cake not matching the party, especially if the mom isn't worried about that. I think it's a great opportunity to make the cake stand out. I think this is one of the cutest baby cakes I've ever seen. (I think it's the miniature boots that did me in. icon_smile.gif )

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1463867

Anyway, I think it would be a fun design for this situation, and you could make some color changes to make it more appropriate for a girl. Wouldn't those boots be adorable in white with pink trim?

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 4:19am
post #4 of 6

Here is what I did when my friend said the same thing!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1423607

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 4:35am
post #5 of 6

Texas_Rose, I love the pink boot idea but also love KrissieCakes cake also, but love your roses too try to put your roses on the cake maybe like baby roses HTH

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%