I Need A Good Cream Cheese Icing.

Decorating By mariak Updated 2 Nov 2009 , 11:17pm by llbesq

mariak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariak Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 10:55pm
post #1 of 3

Believe it or not but I have never made cream cheese icing. I personally don't like it so I can't taste test them. I am making a carrot cake and I was looking up recipes but they were all so different. Some have whipped topping, some have milk or butter. Which one is the most common or traditional? Is there one that is better for carrot cake. I would really appreciate some help. Thanks

2 replies
iloveyanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iloveyanni Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 3

I love the Extra Special Buttercream Icing posted by auntbeesbaking. I used it for pumpkin muffins when I was looking for a good cream cheese icing. I have to say, I used cream cheese instead of butter and next time around I would skip the almond extract simply because I don't care for the taste, but that icing was AMAZING. I love it and am only going to use that from now on. It rocks!!!! Hope this helps....

llbesq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llbesq Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 11:17pm
post #3 of 3

If you are in need of a great tasting crusting cream cheese icing, I recommend the one on Edna de la Cruz's website designmeacake.com It has a wonderful flavor and it crusts well. I used that recipe on the striped cake in my photos.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%