Anyone Know What This Is Or How To Do It?

Decorating By Florimbio Updated 3 Nov 2009 , 8:13am by sugarshack

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 15

It looks like chocolate to me??? It does not looked piped? is it done with the sugar vail thing??? Any help would be greaticon_smile.gif
LL

14 replies
majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 10:17pm
post #2 of 15

In my opinion it is piped in buttercream on buttercream. The pattern is layered, but generally not difficult - most of it are circles and lines. But I could be wrong...

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 15

It is very pretty, and I love the idea of doing the design on the top of the tiers, leaving the sides plain. Very different.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 10:28pm
post #4 of 15

I agree with majka_ze

Florimbio Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 10:33pm
post #5 of 15

It does not looked piped to me in BC...because if you look at where the cakes meet...there is not "settle marks" ya know...It looks thicker than BC??? Do you all think it is done in royal????

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 10:40pm
post #6 of 15

I think there are no "settle marks" because the pattern is not piped where the next tier sits.

Florimbio Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 10:40pm
post #7 of 15

I went onto the sugarveil site...I am pretty sure that is what it is..they have a similar stencil you can download.....thanks ladiesicon_smile.gif

Mike_Elder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike_Elder Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 11:03pm
post #8 of 15

Could be royal or sugarveil piped ontop of a pattern then transferred. doubt it's buttercream. to smooth and shiney. sugarveil is nice as it stays pliable and doesn't shatter!
MIKE

all4cake Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 11:11pm
post #9 of 15

I wouldn't expect there to be 'settle' marks...it looks like the tiers are 'floating'.

all4cake Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 11:12pm
post #10 of 15

buttercream with karo is nice, smooth and shiney...

wildwolves Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildwolves Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 11:12pm
post #11 of 15

wow that looks unreal! I would be really interested to know what everyone thinks.. Ill have to have a look at the sugarveil site.. i have never seen this before...

Florimbio Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 1:16am
post #12 of 15

I am still thinking sugar veil...see how the edges are cut....that does not look piped to me, but I could be wrong?????

SweetBeeBang Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetBeeBang Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 1:27am
post #13 of 15

It looks like piped royal to me. Sugar Veil would be a litte thinner than this. This looks more plump.

all4cake Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 1:30am
post #14 of 15

They look cut but one can pipe to the edge of something. If the icing is the right consistency(along with the aid of a dampened brush) one can pipe it like that. If it were sugarveil (and I'm just sharing observations...not arguing exactly), and it were cut, how could you get the pattern to match up exactly to the surface edge of the cake? Maybe, if the cake were frozen enough to get a template of the cake surface...(how many cakes are iced perfectly round?)...then the pattern piped onto the template of the cake surface then transferred...but one would still have to go in and pipe the dots..

I could be wrong(sure wish you could find out who made it)...I say it was marked off and piped.

Does it look like the tiers are 'floating' (the borders look like they were piped onto the side of the cake with a slight gap below it...as opposed to the border being piped in the crook where the bottom of the upper cake meets the surface of the lower cake)...am I imagining it?

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 8:13am
post #15 of 15

i downloaded it and zoomed in and I am pretty sure it is piped royal.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%