Suggestions For A Craft Show . What To Sell?

Decorating By ttehan4 Updated 3 Nov 2009 , 12:13pm by ttehan4

ttehan4 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 5

I am attending a Craft Show with my mom who does crafts. I am going to be selling some cakes, some small pumpkin shaped cakes, and pumpkin bread and an apple spice bread in these really cute holiday ceramic loaf pans. I plan to bag them im cellophane bags and tie up with some cute country plaid ribbon and maybe an ornament. I hope to get holiday orders too.

I havent done cookie bouquets, but I would like to try. I thought maybe those would be good for holiday gift baskets.

Any suggestions on anything else? Any ideas would be appreciated.

4 replies
LeanneW Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 5

I did a holiday craft show last year where I sold boxed cupcakes. I did a 4 pack for $10.00 but wished I could have charged more because the boxes and inserts are expensive. I did an assortment of seasonal flavors and they went over well. Of course they won't last until Christmas so the idea was for people to eat them, like them, and order more for Christmas.

it was good to get some new people to try my cake but bad because then people thought I was a cupcake maker, not a custom cake maker.

make sure you let people know you can take their order for their holiday cakes and have a brochure or business card they can take with them.

I also had a draw for someone to win a free cake and I was able to email everyone who entered the draw and tell them about my holiday specials, which could be whatever you like them to be.

good luck

pretty packaging will help you sell more and it sounds like you're on the right track with the ribbons.

baycheeks1 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 9:48pm
post #3 of 5

I have done one at my mothers job for the past two years...and will be doin it again next week. The first year I did like three flavors of cookies and some cinnamon walnuts and pecans...last year, I did mostly the nuts cuz they sold like crazy and a few cookies...this year I'm going to do nuts, cake balls...and maybe some sugar cookies...but I hope those help.

Cookie boquets are pretty easy once you do the first one...

ttehan4 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 11:07pm
post #4 of 5

I was thinking cupcakes too. The pumpkin shaped cake pan I have is not the wilton one, but it makes a top and bottom of the pumpkin and you put the too halves together. I thought those would be cute for thanksgiving.

Im thinking I might do cookies in the cardboard boxes like the nesting boxes. I thought I could do orders for those for the holidays too. Maybe buckeyes.. got to have those , Im in Ohio. Brownies would be good to maybe.

I want to offer Holiday dessert trays. I was thinking of doing a list of options and the customer could pick 5 different items for their tray. I need to sit down and figure out cost and see how I could do those.

I plan to take my portfolio, brochures, business cards, and maybe one cake dummy for my wedding cakes. I am also going to attach a business card to every wrapped item. Punch a hole and tie on with the ribbon.

If anyone can think of any other ideas Id love to hear them.

ttehan4 Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 12:13pm
post #5 of 5

bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%