Decorating By lizap Updated 3 Nov 2009 , 3:02am by BlakesCakes

lizap Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 5

So, on the weekend, I made some white chocolate gum paste for the very first time, but when I wanted to use it, it was sooo runny, that I ended up using it as an icing type instead. I had initially planned to make shapes out of it. Can anyone tell me why this could've happened?

4 replies
grandmom Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 8:51pm
post #2 of 5

I could be mistaken, wouldn't be the first time...

... but gumpaste items usually aren't eaten. I've not seen or heard of adding chocolate, white or otherwise, to the gumpaste. I wonder if the fat in the chocolate made it runny?

lizap Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 5

This is the recipe I used...actually got it off this site...

teachingmyself Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 9:46pm
post #4 of 5

I believe that recipe is for modeling chocolate, not gumpaste.

BlakesCakes Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 3:02am
post #5 of 5

It is a recipe for some sort of modeling chocolate--NOT gum paste.

I'll be honest, I would never make that recipe. There's no need to buy glucose (too expensive) or to mess with "liquid sugar".

A much simpler and workable recipe is:


Quote by @%username% on %date%