How Do I Make A Great Tiara?

Decorating By Sweetlikeme Updated 3 Nov 2009 , 1:52am by Loucinda

Sweetlikeme Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 5

I want to know what should I use for a standing tiara? Gumpaste,Fondant???
Help please.

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 5

I make mine from white candy melts.I tape a template onto a peanut butter jar or something that is wide,tape wax paper over top and then pipe the template.I go over it about 3 times.Let it stay in the fridge right up until you plan to use it...I gently remove the tape and lightly peel the wax paper.I can make one in about 30 minutes and they come out great every time.I haven't broken one yet and I have made dozens.I also add dragees etc on t to make it sparkle.

Sweetlikeme Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:38pm
post #3 of 5

great thanks!

MyDiwa Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:50pm
post #4 of 5

I've always used royal icing using the tutorial here on CC. I also use templates from here on CC. See... everything you need, here on CC! LOL. You'd need a good number of days to do this ahead of time. I've never done it using chocolate or candy melts but the method is the same. So the candy melts idea is probably better as it is faster. Just offering you an alternative.

Another way which I've been too chicken to try out myself is rolling out thin ropes of gumpaste and placing them over a template in the same way. If you can pull that off, they will probably be neater as you dont have the multiple layers that can be visible with other mediums. Good luck!

Loucinda Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 1:52am
post #5 of 5

I make mine out of gumpaste - here is a link to some of the hints.....

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-657877.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%