Need Help Pricing A Wedding Cake And Grooms Cake, Please

Decorating By gingoreilly Updated 2 Nov 2009 , 7:34pm by __Jamie__

gingoreilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingoreilly Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Everyone! I need your help. This is the very first time for me to do a wedding cake. I have been decorating for about 5 years, but always turned down wedding cakes, because they make me really nervous. This cake is going to be for my best friend's sister and need help on pricing. I am going to make a three tiered wedding cake. 14 inch, 10 inch, and 6 inch. It will be lavendar and white and decorated in scroll work. I will probably be adding some gumpaste flowers as well. I will also be making a grooms cake in the shape of a golf bag with fondant golf clubs and white chocolate and chocolate golf balls. I will probably make about 50 golf balls. I will also be transporting the cake 45 miles. I need enough cake to feed 150 people. We haven't discussed flavors yet, but the cake will be iced in buttercream.

How much do you think I should charge?

Your help is appreciated!! Thank you everyone!

Ginger

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:13pm
post #2 of 4

I looked at your photos .... you've done tiered cakes. Call it birthday, call it wedding, it's all the same process, same pricing method, same assembly method.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 4

I would just go with a price very similar to what your local custom cake shop charges. Just call and ask what they charge for a slice of buttercream. Make sure you specify it's for a wedding.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:34pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I looked at your photos .... you've done tiered cakes. Call it birthday, call it wedding, it's all the same process, same pricing method, same assembly method.

Yeppers to that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%