Tylose Powder And Fondant Mix. . .how?

Decorating By MammaG Updated 3 Nov 2009 , 2:23am by sugarandslice

MammaG Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 6:10pm
post #1 of 8

How do I make the fondant/tylose mix? I don't need too much to work with, but I don't know even how to mix it or what to do. There are no directions on the container. Thanks!

7 replies
TexasSugar Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 8:02pm
post #2 of 8

Knead your fondant a little to soften it up. Flatten it and make a little dip in the middle. Sprinkle on some tylose and then knead it all together. I never measure, so I can't give you measurements, but you will feel it thicken up and before more like gumpaste.

I've also just stuck a ball of fodant into the powder, kneaded then added more if I needed it, whenI am working with small amounts.

leah_s Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 8:13pm
post #3 of 8

What Texas said. Just mash together.

grandmom Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 8

Yesterday I used one teaspoon of Tylose to 9 oz. of MFF fondant with white chocolate. It was just a bit too much, made the fondant too resistant to shaping and set up hard too quickly. Try about 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon of Tylose to half pound of fondant.

rohima Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 9:16pm
post #5 of 8

ainie2 has a brilliant video on how to do this and how to store your paste.

http://www.howcast.com/videos/194904-How-To-Make-Modelling-Sugar-Paste-or-Fondant

sugarandslice Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 9:32pm
post #6 of 8

Like PPs have said, just knead it all together. But remember to knead it well - a little longer than you think. Wrap it well and it's best to let it sit overnight - or at least a few hours - before you use it.
Aine2's video is very informative.
HTH

MammaG Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 12:53am
post #7 of 8

for some reason the video didn't work for me. It took me to the page, but it wouldn't play for some reason.

sugarandslice Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 2:23am
post #8 of 8

Try searching for Aine2 on Youtube.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%