Need An Idea For A Twelve Year Olds' Cake

Decorating By Darla88 Updated 13 Nov 2009 , 5:09am by prterrell

Darla88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darla88 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 15

Help! icon_sad.gif I am out of ideas for my son who is turning 12 this week. He loves/plays hockey but I've done that for the last 3 years. I need a new idea for his b-day cake and I have run dry! Anyone out there have any cool ideas?

14 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 15

Any other hobbies or interests?

Darla88 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 6:14pm
post #3 of 15

he loves his guitar and he loves video games.

Darla88 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 15

he also loves the "Bones" series books but I can't find anything on line that has been made into a cake. I just want to surprise him with something different and unexpected.

Darla88 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 6:22pm
post #5 of 15

he also loves the "Bones" series books but I can't find anything on line that has been made into a cake. I just want to surprise him with something different and unexpected.

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 6:32pm
post #6 of 15

did you ever see the episode on ace of cake where they recreated this guys childhood drawings on his cake, maybe something like that

or...a 3d version of his xbox controls

or....a "Bone" book with a large bone coming out of it. (I don't know what the bone book series is)

or...his favorite food in the shape of a cake. I did a PB&J sandwich for my daughter one year, that was she asked for. I've also done an apple.

gosh this is a tough one....

Darla88 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 6:45pm
post #7 of 15

those are some ideas I can work with, thankyou! It is very hard when they are at this age. His favorite pre-game meal is grilled cheese and tomato soup.... that would definately surpirse him icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:01pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darla88

those are some ideas I can work with, thankyou! It is very hard when they are at this age. His favorite pre-game meal is grilled cheese and tomato soup.... that would definately surpirse him icon_smile.gif

Now, that I'd love to see. Go for it!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:22pm
post #9 of 15

The grilled cheese and soup would be so unexpected! Makes me want some for dinner tonight - perfect weather for it, 50's and damp and misty!!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:28pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTFundraiser

The grilled cheese and soup would be so unexpected! Makes me want some for dinner tonight - perfect weather for it, 50's and damp and misty!!

Right? That was one of my favorite school lunches, too. It was always served on Friday, to accommodate those who didn't eat meat for religious reasons.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Darla88 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:29pm
post #11 of 15

it is a good idea for supper tonight icon_smile.gif it is also cool and rainy here, perfect comfort food

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:34pm
post #12 of 15

I love it! And I think I'll have it for lunch too. YUM! Post a pic when it's done?

Darla88 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:45pm
post #13 of 15

will do icon_smile.gif

Darla88 Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 3:50am
post #14 of 15

Well, I did it...made the grilled cheese cake for my son's birthday and it was easier than I thought to do. It tasted good. thanks for the ideas icon_biggrin.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 5:09am
post #15 of 15

Cute idea and it came out great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%