Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe For 3 Tiered, 1 Yr Old B-Day

Baking By goldenchld Updated 16 Nov 2009 , 2:57am by Buttacream

goldenchld Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 9

I am doing a three tiered cake for my one year old nephew's birthday cake. I do not have a recipe I feel confident about and ALL of my husband's family is going to be there to eat it. I need something moist that tastes spectacular. PLEASE HELP!!

8 replies
CookieD-oh Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 5:21pm
post #2 of 9

I use "Dark Chocolate Cake I" from allrecipes.com. Always gets rave reviews. (I would link up, but they seem to be having technical difficulties at the moment.)

MikeRowesHunny Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 9

I love Sue B's chocolate cake recipe in the recipe section here - the recipe is good as it is, but adding 1 tbsp espresso powder to the boiling water takes it to another level! Be aware that this recipe doesn't rise a great deal, so fill your pans higher than you normally would.

Rincewind Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 5:37pm
post #4 of 9
kyhendry Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 10:12pm
post #5 of 9

If you want something yummy and don't mine doing a doctored mix recipe you can do this one that I saw on here by some CC'er and I've been using it ever since (can't remember who she was but I owe her!!).

1 box DH devils food cake - mixed using its directions
1 box DH brownies - mixed using its directions

Then combine the two with 1 cup of sour cream and bake! It's a good, fast, easy chocolate cake and very yummy.

I won't tell if you don't! haha

Peridot Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 10:44pm
post #6 of 9

kykendry

What kind of cake does this produce? Dense? Sounds darn good!!! What do you bake it at and for how long? How much batter do you put in the pan - wodnering how much it rises when baking.

Thanks for your help.

sweet_teeth Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 11:02pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rincewind

My favorite chocolate recipe is http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Double-Chocolate-Layer-Cake-101275

It is fantastic!

This is the most fantastic cake I've ever tasted in my life. Use the coffee-- you DON'T taste it in the final cake.

I'm typically a box caker for most recipes, but I would never make/eat a boxed chocolate cake again after trying this cake. It's ALWAYS super moist, pretty failproof, and has soo much depth and flavor. Yuuuuuuuum.

kyhendry Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 6:12pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot

kykendry

What kind of cake does this produce? Dense? Sounds darn good!!! What do you bake it at and for how long? How much batter do you put in the pan - wodnering how much it rises when baking.

Thanks for your help.

Peridot - Sorry - I stopped watching this one...
It's not too dense but doesn't fall apart either. I didn't have any info on what to bake it at or for how long so I just did 325 until it was done (sorry for being vague). It did enough for a good size 10" (using 3" pan). I have gotten 3 tall 6" cakes out of one recipe. Just go for it and enjoy. icon_smile.gif

Buttacream Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 2:57am
post #9 of 9

I just saw this and thought I would share my chocolate cake recipe. It is really good. Just go to my blog

http://thiswifebakes.blogspot.com/2009/10/luscious-sour-cream-chocolate-cake.html

This is the only chocolate cake recipe I use and it is soooo good. I did my daughters birthday cake and got rave reviews.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%