2Nd Request, I Need Bubbles!!!

Decorating By noosie Updated 3 Nov 2009 , 12:25am by sugarplumfairycanada

noosie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noosie Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 8

Hey Guys,

I don't know how to blow sugar but need sugar bubbles or possibly another idea for creating various sized spheres or bubbles for underwater theme. I need hard bubbles nothing piped on. Any pictures, ideas, molds, links or websites would really help.

TIA icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 8

theres lots of good posts in the sugar forum, it might take some searching tho. i have seen some good videos on youtube too.
xx

noosie Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 10:01pm
post #5 of 8

Thank you both for the links and advice. I was really hoping to find someplace that sells them but I guess they are simply to fragile for shipping. I just don't want to invest in new products that I won't be using very often and frankly working with hot sugar does make me a bit nervous....

Thank you though!!!!

Mike_Elder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike_Elder Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 10:59pm
post #6 of 8

I make bubbles out of fondant all the time! I just roll several size balls, let em dry and then plce them on a paper towel and airbrush them very lightly from one direction, with blue. then i pearl the crud out of them and they pass just fine. I have a shark in my album that has them.

noosie Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 12:09am
post #7 of 8

Mike your cakes are amazing!!! Never "pearlized" before. What product works best for that effect???

sugarplumfairycanada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarplumfairycanada Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 12:25am
post #8 of 8

Hi,

I found this website and have talked to the owner. He seemed really nice on the phone. I had a bride wanted sugar bubbles on her wedding cake but changed designs so I didn't get to order the bubbles and I wanted to sooo bad. Anyways, www.jeff-the-chef.com. Jefferey E.R.C. Kincaellan is in Canada. On his website click on the products section.
Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%