Never Made Holiday Flyers.. What Do You Sell?

Business By HarleyDee Updated 16 Nov 2009 , 12:19am by sugarycreations

HarleyDee Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 4:55am
post #1 of 20

Do any of you send out flyers to local offices advertising your holiday goodies? I'm wanting to do that this year, but not sure what to advertise. I don't want to put too much on there, but I want people to look at it and say, "Ooh, let's get on of those for the office party!"

So what all do you include? Do you just pick out your favorite items and list them? Do you do strictly cakes, or a few cakes, a few pies, etc?

I need a little direction, lol icon_biggrin.gif

19 replies
CakeDiva73 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 5:12am
post #2 of 20

I did mine and took all the pics of everything first so people could see what the items looked like (except for the cookie trays, that was tooooo much!). It was time consuming but I truly think pictures sell better than words - or at least both, ya know?

If you are not doing pics, just list the items with a festive clip-art and some sizing options (like a small tray, large ) just a few different price points, IMHO.

Also, do you realize I ADORE the cake in your name thingie on the left?? It is so cute and simple but so clean and well done and I think of it often icon_smile.gif I just love it!!

edited to add: Sorry! forgot to say that I can't upload a pic of mine but if you click on the www and then Holiday, I have both sides on my website. HTH

HarleyDee Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:30pm
post #3 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

Also, do you realize I ADORE the cake in your name thingie on the left?? It is so cute and simple but so clean and well done and I think of it often icon_smile.gif I just love it!!

Thank you so much! icon_smile.gif That really makes my day since you do such amazing work icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:55pm
post #4 of 20

Here is my brochure I just made.........I plan to print them onto some card stock........it's a tri-fold brochure......the whole thing opens up to the 2nd page with the prices.

HarleyDee Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 20

Wow, both of you have very nice ones! I do like the pictures on there. I'm all about the visuals! icon_biggrin.gif

KHalstead Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 4:04pm
post #6 of 20

I listed all of my items individually and a price per dozen and then allow the customers to pick and choose what they'd like to make a platter out of (since some prefer to just have all of one item or a variety, etc.)

Then for a small platter add $3.00, medium add $5.00, large add $7.00 size of platter is determined by number of items they choose to put on it, the additional charge is for the platter, a lid, a bow, and a card.

This is my first time doing this so hopefully I'm doing it right lol
I'm offering
Decorated Sugar cookies
Peanut butter tarts (peanut butter cookies in a mini muffin pan w/ reese's stuck in)
Pecan paws (mini pretzel w/ a rolo on top and then a pecan half)
Fudge (chocolate, walnut, peanut butter, peanut butter and choc. swirl)
Cake Truffles (Lemon, Pumpkin Spice, Choc. Cherry, White choc. raspberry)
Chocolate covered pretzels (milk choc/white choc.)
Cookie Bouquets (sm-3 cookies, medium-5 cookies Lg-10 cookies X-lg-15 cookies
And then the listing for the platters that says any of the above listed items can be made into a platter, must order at least 1/2 doz of each item with the exception of cookies (which can be ordered individually)

saberger Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 4:13pm
post #7 of 20

Thanks for posting that! I have been wanting to make a flier and had no idea how to start that. But I can't open it or see it bigger icon_sad.gif

Mensch Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 4:15pm
post #8 of 20

Hmmm.... according to that test, KHalstead, I am not at all a good person.

KHalstead Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 6:20pm
post #9 of 20

none of us are Mensch! I don't match up either!

I can email it to ya if you want to see it full sized.......I'm not too computer literate (it's a miracle I was able to create that brochure and turn it from a document into a pdf to even be able to post it here LOL)

sugarycreations Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 6:44pm
post #10 of 20

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I would appreciate it if you would email it to me also. I tried & got it to open in a teeny tiny size. When I tried to zoom in to see better, everything got so fuzzy I couldn't see anything.

Thank you.

Catherine

CakeDiva73 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 6:47pm
post #11 of 20

Was the brochure designed using Vista Print or did you do that yourself? Great layout, soft colors ~ I really like it! Not busy either.....that was my worry, lol.

KHalstead Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 6:51pm
post #12 of 20

just made it using microsoft word LOL Got the background online, searched free backgrounds.

Mindy1975 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 6:51pm
post #13 of 20

KHalstead, I was wondering what you charge for your cake truffles. I can read your brochure somewhat, but was curious what you were charging per dozen. I'm having a hard time pricing mine. By the way, that is a great selection of goodies for Christmas!

KHalstead Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 6:55pm
post #14 of 20

they are $6.00 per dozen, I figured out that they cost me around $.13 each to make them. Takes me around 2 hrs. to make 100 of them from cooled cake to finished product. So I can live with that price.

KHalstead Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:02pm
post #15 of 20

if anyone else wants a copy, just pm me with your emails....it won't let me attach anything when I just click the "email" button on your profiles.

ctirella Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:16pm
post #16 of 20

hI KHalstead,
I would appreciate it if you would email it to me also thank you ([email protected])

CakeDiva73 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:28pm
post #17 of 20

Nice! Looks great and I bow down to ya because I tried my hand at Photoshop to create my own and almst threw the computer out the window! Couldn't even figure out how to get multiple graphics on a page - it was insane. And I always thought of myself as rather computer literate, HA! icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:32pm
post #18 of 20

lol...I just basically separated the first page into 3 sections in my head and designed it that way. Once printed you get the side all the way to the right as your cover, then you open that flap and you see the page all the way to the left, when you open that you see the whole pricing page. The center of the first page winds up being the back of the flyer.

(by the way I was pretty surprised it worked lol) Oh and I couldn't get it to let me put another pic for the back of the flyer, I thought it seemed really plain but I wasn't going to complain, I was able to get all the info. I needed on there.

HarleyDee Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 4:22am
post #19 of 20

Ugh, this thing is giving me fits..

sugarycreations Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 12:19am
post #20 of 20

KHalstead,

Thank you so much for emailing it to me! Have had trouble getting on CakeCentral & this is the first time I've been successful in a long time. You gave me some great ideas. Really appreciate it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%