Decorating Ideas Desperately Needed - Please Help!

Decorating By tomswife Updated 2 Nov 2009 , 10:53pm by Mike_Elder

tomswife Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:50am
post #1 of 7

I have to decorate a 2 tiered cake for a young man that is turning 20. His Mom wants square tiers, one with chocolate icing and one with cream cheese icing. Then, some sort of non-themed decor with the opposing icing per layer. Any ideas? Cannot be feminine or weddingish. I am drawing a blank...oh, and no nuts or other items on the cake. Any of you great CC friends input is sooo appreciated. (I typically do fondant and super whimsical or dressy cakes so this is throwing me waaaayyy offf!!!) icon_cry.gif

6 replies
WykdGud Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:53am
post #2 of 7

Stripes are masculine...

caseyhayes Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 4:07am
post #3 of 7

I've seen favorite candies or snacks placed around the cake. Little debbie's etc. She didn't tell you his favorite hobby or what he does for a living? Is he into sports or hunting and fishing?

caseyhayes Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 4:09am
post #4 of 7

sorry I just noticed the "or other items". Well if she wants just a plain cake that's all you can do. It's really hard for us CCers to imagine a naked cakeicon_smile.gif

dawncr Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 4:09am
post #5 of 7

I like the argyle pattern, too. Can you add another color to the chocolate and cream, like sage green or slate blue?

KristyCakes Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 12:22pm
post #6 of 7

or random solid and cut out squares?

Mike_Elder Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 10:53pm
post #7 of 7

Don't you just love customers like that?? (NO!) fall leaves, stripes, ?? I know the "tattoo" style stuff is big now, like vines with leaves... kinda floral but put thorns on it and "mans" it up LOL keep it simple, maybe off white and chocolate curls? don't envy you! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%