Flavorings For Sugarshack's Buttercream

Baking By kdhjth Updated 9 Nov 2009 , 1:54am by gail63

kdhjth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdhjth Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 5

How much and what flavorings have you added to sugarshack's buttercream recipe? This is with the 5 1/2 cups shortening and 5 cups PS. Think I'm going to give it a try today.

Thanks!
Also, any favorite powdered creamer brands? I'm not a coffee drinker!

4 replies
kentuckyjode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kentuckyjode Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 5

Hazelnut Biscotti is a favorite as well as the Vanilla Caramel

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 8:46pm
post #3 of 5

I think the how much flavoring depends on how strong you want the flavoring to be. She uses about 4 tablespoons of flavoring for the recipe with a 5 quart mixer. She also uses wedding bouqet flavoring, which I also use, makes the icing taste really good. It has a citrus flavor with I think lemon, vanilla and other flavors. As far as what flavors to use is pretty much up to you....you can always just add vanilla, or almond or any other extracts. Same goes for powedered creamers....I just use the regular powdered creamer, as so does she. Hope this helps icon_smile.gif Just remember the options are endless.....just play around to see what works best for you. The wedding bouquet flavoring can be ordered at global sugar art or f o n d a n t. s o u r c e. c o m. And enter cake central at checkout and get an extra 10% off

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 9:10pm
post #4 of 5

I use 4tbs. of butter flavoring and 1tbs. of french vanilla blend, and I'll use the coffee mate french vanilla powder creamer. It tastes great!, well in everyone opinion here.

God Bless,
Sharon

gail63 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gail63 Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 1:54am
post #5 of 5

I love this buttercream! But when I make it, it taste completely different. I use the exact same ingredients. Any idea on what I could be doing wrong? icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%