Manners Question

Lounge By mbelgard Updated 10 Nov 2009 , 1:56am by peg818

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 7:35pm
post #31 of 35

I don't like the ones that are gruff and just hang up after you get out I think-click-you have the wrong number... oh no it's OK don't worry about it JERK!

I had a prank caller get me in stitches for two weeks.
I really thought it was somebody I knew. I was trying to figure out who it was, but couldn't.
Hello

This is Mariachi -in a weird cartoonish Cheech Marin accent.

Hello?

This is Mariachi!

Who is this?

This is Mariachi! Mariachi sing song for you.

What?

What song you want Mariachi to sing for you?

And it would go on for a minute and I would eventually hang up in stitches.

knjmom67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knjmom67 Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 11:48pm
post #32 of 35

Our home phone number is one digit off of a local tow truck service. We get calls for this service at least once a week. I just politely tell them that they've misdialed. Most people just say "Oh, okay". If they happen to call back, I give them the correct number to call. Sometimes those calls at 2 and 3 a.m. can scare me half to death, but I just give them the right number. Anyway...

A few summers ago, we returned from a week's vacation to several messages on our answering machine. The first message was from a lady who was calling to say she had locked her dog in her car and wanted the towing service to come and unlock the car. The next message was from the lady's husband - same message, a little more stern, demanding a response to unlock the car. The last message was the lady, now frantic and near tears, begging someone to come and unlock her car because it was "really hot" and the dog was trapped in the car.

I still wonder if they ever figured out that they were calling the wrong number, and more importantly, if they managed to get their dog out of the hot car??

My husband and I joke that one day we're going to call the towing service number to ask if they've gotten any calls for us - I mean, only one number difference, they almost have to, right?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 12:00am
post #33 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by knjmom67

A few summers ago, we returned from a week's vacation to several messages on our answering machine. The first message was from a lady who was calling to say she had locked her dog in her car and wanted the towing service to come and unlock the car. The next message was from the lady's husband - same message, a little more stern, demanding a response to unlock the car. The last message was the lady, now frantic and near tears, begging someone to come and unlock her car because it was "really hot" and the dog was trapped in the car.

On the topic of rude and mannerless, before we moved to Indy, we lived in our original hometown, where business is done on the good 'ole boy system. Hubby did NOT work for his dad's auto repair business. Yet we come home one Saturday to find 3 or 4 messages from a guy who wanted to know about bringing his car into the garage on Monday and by the 4th message, he was PISSED that we hadn't called him back!

Well let me bend over to make it easier for you to kiss my big white behind, dude! First, my home phone is NOT the alternate phone number for the "family business". Second, if you want to talk to the owner of the business, then you call HIM at home. Thrid, this is my weekend time and I will NOT sit at home just in case some MORON wants to call and talk to me about a business that I have NOTHING to do with!

HAd another guy who called when I was home on a Sat. He asked to talk to Phil (hubby), who wasn't at home. He said, "Oh I wanted to talk to him about my car." I said, "PHil doesn't work at the garage, you'll have to call the garage on MOnday." He said, "But I just wanted to arrange to bring it in next week." I said, "Phil doesn't work at the garage, you'll have to call the garage on Monday." He persists in trying to make an appt. I tell him I am not the garage's secretary, he'll have to call the garage on Monday. He ended being pissed at me because I couldnt't take care of his car problem ... on a Saturday .... from my HOME!

dumbass freaks!

Horselady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Horselady Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 1:46am
post #34 of 35

okay guys, I admit it< I will call to see why another number called me to see who it is... I've also called numbers that "Ive called" but cant remember who it is or think BF might have done but dont rec the number.

that said, i usually say, "hi, this number came up on my phone and i can't figure out who it is" and they usually tell me (or I rec the voice and add to phone book, lol)

I did get a VERY nasty txt/pix msg once... it was a nude male with his parts over a flame.. said "I heard you liked weenie roasts" and i was LIVID! So, I called to find out who and why, and no, I was NOT polite... but you don't send me something that graphic without knowing me. It would have been funny if my best friend had sent it, but it was someone I didn't know.... and I was a little sensitive due to other "goings on" that weekend.... lol

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 1:56am
post #35 of 35

we have an unlisted number so it either comes up private or unknown on caller id, so often i have to talk to a machine to let them know who it is. i absolutely hate to hear a phone ring or to talk to a machine so i do answer at all hours regardless. I have a son away at school so if its a late night call it can scare the crap out of me.

Well at anyrate the last wrong number that called here was a drunk girl, she called the first time i told her she had the wrong number, just get tucked back in bed (its about 2am) and the phone rings again, send hubby then, same drunk girl and he wasn't too nice to her. Then he gets back in bed (mind you i don't like to shut the ringer off incase my son needs to reach us) and the phone rings again, same girl, she asking him when he is coming to get her, she was waiting for a ride, well he has her give him directions and tells her he will be right there, turns the ringer off and goes to bed, Never did hear from her again, and i really didn't care at that point if she ever got her ride home.

Now another classic wrong number was one new years eve/day. 3:30 am the phone rings, i have to be to work at 5:30am and of course as i run to the phone i pick it up and scream at the girl at the other end of the line that i would be right there (of course i thought i had overslept for work) I then get a meek Happy New Year, by then my eyes had adjusted and i realized i had another 1/2 hour that i could have been sleeping. Yeah i wasn't to nice to her either, but we all got a good laugh out of it at work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%