Laundry Gals - Where Are You?

Lounge By jlynnw Updated 23 May 2010 , 7:27am by favrtdtr

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 3:33pm
post #151 of 166

Hey Everyone - hope all is well for you all. My friends just had a baby this morning!! Sooo exciting - her name is Reese and she's adorable - of course, LOL.

Surgery is scheduled for Friday - wish me luck!! I'll try to post Sat but it may be Sun before I feel up to fighting this internet connection, LOL.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 4:04pm
post #152 of 166

Fav I will be praying for you!!!

favrtdtr Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 10:01pm
post #153 of 166

Thanks Sarah - how r things going for ya these days?

sadsmile Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 12:42am
post #154 of 166

Going good. Day to day regular stuff with a big family. My Mom just had a knee replacement last Thursday and she is not doing so great. From what I understand it is very painful and hard work and she's a baby about pain. She is in a Rehabilitation Center and doing Therapy. It's been rough for her. I can't be there because I have no one that can take care of my family responsibilities and Shawn can't take off because his job is critical and they would need to replace him-which means layoff. WE can't do that. MY mom's DRs are down where she is, so I am just checking on her a few times a day.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 12:50am
post #155 of 166

My thoughts and prayers are will you.

favrtdtr Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 2:13am
post #156 of 166

Hi Gals - surgery went very well and I may only need a few doses of chemo. O'll keep ya posted.....

sadsmile Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 2:18am
post #157 of 166

Oh YAY!!!! Rest up sweetie! And stay safe with all that nasty weather!

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 3:06pm
post #158 of 166

Whoa Hoa ( happy noise) I am so glad things are going well. Keep warm and in touch.

favrtdtr Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 3:33pm
post #159 of 166

Sarah - knee surgery? YUCK...hope she gets better faster.

Thanks so much to all of you for your support - it really means a lot to me. I got home to no electricity and it's been off and on every day - such fun....NOT. Anyway, I'm already feeling better but my oncologist said I'll still need the chemo - wah wah wah...i'm a crybaby now, lol. We get to start tomorrow and I've convinced him to fast track my training so i can do it at home cuz i cannot afford to drive 150 miles that often - it's 75 miles each way to Portland from here and that's where I have to go at this point. They're gonna install the port tomorrow even and start teaching me with the second dose - not the first cuz we have to see how i react of course. This whole thing is crazy but i'll get through it.

Hope all is going well for you guys. How are the kids, jobs, friends, families, etc etc and who's doing fabulous (or in my case not so fabulous) cakes?

sadsmile Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 1:02am
post #160 of 166

How are you doing Fav? I've been thinking about you so much I had a dream that I was diagnosed and it was so frightening. Though I guess in real life you just have to keep going and do what you can where as a dream turns into a nightmare and gets worse and more scary. I keep thinking how brave you are being and just wanted to tell you again ... I am in your corner and praying for you! i hope you are tolerating your treatments well! ((((HUGS!))))

favrtdtr Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 6:44pm
post #161 of 166

Hey Ladies, how are ya? I'm tired A LOT but doing good otherwise. I miss working, lol - weird but true. Hope all of you are well...

sadsmile Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 3:22am
post #162 of 166

Is every one OK? We are doing well, just busy with the kids and more stinking projects! And more Birthdays... which means cake. I am still playing the mad scientist in the kitchen with making my own dairy free recipes.

favrtdtr Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 3:27pm
post #163 of 166

Sarah - i hope your dairy-free recipes are coming out well.

Hope all of you are well. I got a job!!!! YAY!! lol

sadsmile Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 8:59pm
post #164 of 166

Thanks fav. I did make a good buttermilk substitute and it works really well in cake.
What kind of job? How is your treatment going?

favrtdtr Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 6:30pm
post #165 of 166

Workin at a hotel again - Comfort Inn this time. My treatments are going well - two more weeks and then a break. We'll see where things stand after the much needed break. Hope all is well

favrtdtr Posted 23 May 2010 , 7:27am
post #166 of 166

Hi everyone - still off the chemo and other meds - WOOHOO!! Surgery did way more than they expected and I'm maintaining well. Happy Dances!! I met someone at my doctor's office and have been dating him for about a month now and things are going really well there. My job is going well too. I've been asked to make a friend's wedding cake in October and I told her to get me the info by the middle of June so I can practice the cake sevral times between now and then - don't trust myself to be able to do a good job without making the same cake several times.

Does this flavor combo sound good for a different kind of cake - coconut cake, key lime filling, lightly lime flavored icing, covered in toasted coconut?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%