Laundry Gals - Where Are You?

Lounge By jlynnw Updated 23 May 2010 , 7:27am by favrtdtr

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 4:38pm
post #1 of 166

I have lost the laundry thread and can not seem to find it. Judi, aka Favdtr, wrote and asked if I knew what happened and I am so lost! Anyone out there who knows or wants to do Laundry - Book 2, let's get started!

This was a started to reconnect the friendship and support from the prior thread.

165 replies
favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 8:52pm
post #2 of 166

Hi Jlynn - thanks for starting this thread. icon_smile.gif I'd be lost without my "laundry family". LOL Well, let's see - drama drama drama - no job as of yet, no place to live as of Wednesday (Teri's working on that right now) and real possiblility of part time job i have no disappearing too. Amber (my co-worker) just told me that today. I had heard about a job in Gainesville - which is about 45 miles from me - and I went to apply. The guy asked me to come back next day - I said no problem and left. The lady that told me about the job asked how it went, I told her, and she said no way - she called the manager of the place and I was told to go back and he'd be waiting for me.....turned out to be the same guy and he was not happy. I filled out the ap anyway and he said he'd call the next day - which he did that afternoon. Now - I was told the job was for a front desk manager. When I get there - it was for a laundry position -sucks but i'd have taken it cuz a job is a job at this point - til i was told it was only temporary - to cover someone's vacation. Umm - no thanks can't leave what I have (at the time) for a temp job. That was Tues and Wed - on Friday had an interview for a blood bank place - they're supposed to let me know by Tuesday afternoon. UGH!!! I get really peeved when they say the recession is over - it sure as heck is NOT over!!!!

Sorry - thanks for letting me rant and rave....

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 1:12am
post #3 of 166

Where the heck did the laundry thread go??? What is going on around here lately?

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 2:16am
post #4 of 166

What?! We lost the laundry thread? I haven't been here for a while and came to post some cutie pie halloween pics of my girls! I guess I will here then, thank goodness your on top of it jly! And Favs, still hoping you find that job and a place to live!

As you can see I have 2 little princesses this year. My oldest was a Fairy Princess but the wings were a pain so she declared herself "the Princess and the Pea" at the last minute. Obviously my little one was Snow White.
LL
LL
LL

favrtdtr Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 2:19am
post #5 of 166

Carson - they are ADORABLE!! Thanks so much for posting them!! I dressed up this year too - I'll post a pic when I get home.

Barb1959 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barb1959 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 2:20am
post #6 of 166

Your kids are adorable.

Carson Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 5:15am
post #7 of 166

Thanks, I think they are pretty adorable too!

Jlynn, maybe we should send a pm to all the Laundry ladies so they know of this thread, as they won't be getting notices anymore. But no worries everyone else, we like new Laundry ladies too!

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 11:16pm
post #8 of 166

Hi Ladies.

I was missing ya'll so I had to hunt you down. Thankfully you made it easy by being on this thread.

Oh the drama that our family is going through. Please pray for us, can't really get into it because of the LEGALITIES. (told you, drama)

favrtdtr Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 4:26am
post #9 of 166

Oh Tita - I'm sooo sorry!!! I will add that to my prayers for your family too. (HUGS)

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 6:27am
post #10 of 166

Hi ladies. Just came looking for y'all too.

favrtdtr Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 3:20pm
post #11 of 166

Juju - hey lady - welcome to our new home, lol

Carson Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 3:24pm
post #12 of 166

Anyone know what happened to the other thread? I know it was huge but I'm just curious because it disappeared without us knowing. They locked it once before but then unlocked it...

Carson Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 3:25pm
post #13 of 166

Oh, need to mention (everywhere I go today) that it is my little Snow White's 3rd Birthday today! Trying to come up with a Tinkerbell idea for a cake for the weekend party we are having.

favrtdtr Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 3:35pm
post #14 of 166

Happy Birthday to Carson's baby girl!!! I think it just got deleted cuz it was sooo big - i've heard others say that happens sometimes. Not too sure tho.

Today will be my last time on here for a while. I have to move out of here this afternoon and I won't have access to the internet. I would like to thank all of you for your friendship and support. I will miss you all and this site while I'm gone.

Carson Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 3:44pm
post #15 of 166

Favs, I hope you come back soon! Do you have a new place to live? Wishing you all the best in your move and job search!

favrtdtr Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 3:48pm
post #16 of 166

Thanks Carson and no we'll be living in my car which is why i won't have internet. I'll figure something out - even if it means living w/psycho sister in mom's house....which i really hope it does NOT

Carson Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 4:29pm
post #17 of 166

Oh Favs, I really wish it didn't have to come down to those two options! Get back and let us know how your doing as soon as you can, we'll be worried until then!

favrtdtr Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:14am
post #18 of 166

Hey Everyone,

My computer at work decided to let me on here tonight so I thought I'd try to drop a line. Still no word on the blood bank job as they had illness strike them and the people that make those decisions haven't been there. It's very frustrating I tell you. Anyway, I am still at the hotel on weekends for now - we'll see how long that lasts. I'll check in tomorrow and see how you're all doing.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 4:05am
post #19 of 166

Wait..what?!?!?!?!? Did they DELETE the best thread ever?!?!?!?

jlynnw Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:25am
post #20 of 166

NOT getting updates on this thread either!

Glad to see the whole gang is back together again.

Favs - I am so sorry. I wish that I could do something. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Tita - You are in thought and prayer and have the spare kleenex and a study shoulder whenever you need it. I can always travel if need be. I know you can't talk but I can tend to uncontrolable incoherent shouts.

I don't know what happened to the thread. They even took all of our post away and now I will never have all those pretty stars like the others! icon_redface.gif I wanted the pretty yellow stars so that I will have all the prestige of an addict! icon_cry.gif Why oh why!

Carson Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 3:42pm
post #21 of 166

No! Not the posts! Oh the humanity! icon_cry.gif

Glad to see that the laundry girls didn't give up once they took it from us, we will survive under these harsh conditions!

Ok, that was my little bit of drama for the day! It was fun, now moving on...

Hmmm, what am I up to? Had my little one's birthday (can you believe she's 3-I can't) this weekend, did a Tinkerbell cake, wow, is she obsessed with Princesses!! Took the oldest to a concert (Chantal Kreviazuk, if you don't know her look her up, beautiful singer!) Then its all work and starting to think about Christmas...and the damn Scope I have to have on the 23rd, I'm trying really hard not to think/worry about it since the last one sucked SO much!

jlynnw Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 3:35am
post #22 of 166

Was thinking, maybe we should have roll call. icon_rolleyes.gif I really miss all of you. My MIL finally moved in and it is going OK with her - the DH is another story. Carson, those princesses are too gorgeous. May princess charming wait a long time to find them. Favs, please check in and let us know how things are going, Tita same as the law will allow. Juju and Summer - what's going on?

summernoelle Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 1:54am
post #23 of 166

Well, what's up with us is that we moved to Colorado last week (from Dallas). I guess it's been 2 weeks today, actually. We had some beautiful snow this afternoon!

jlynnw Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 4:43am
post #24 of 166

no no no no no! I was supposed to meet you before you moved! I just lived a few short hours away and now you are in a clear different time zone. First the laundry thread taken away and now the opportunity to meet you. The injustice of it all. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

OK, temper tantrum over with. What's going on in Colorado? It is beautiful there and I really miss it.

summernoelle Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 4:33pm
post #25 of 166

Sorry! It was kind of spur of the moment and life was crazy trying to get ready.

Things are good here-it's beyond beautiful to see the mountains everyday. It's a bit of adjustment, though, going from a metropolitan area to a place where everything shuts down at 9 and I have to drive 20 minutes to a decent grocery store. icon_lol.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 8:10pm
post #26 of 166

What's this thread about? Real laundry?

I do actually have a load of crap in my wash right now. Going through the sanitize cycle for the second time.

Do they have daycare on the moon? I need a break from my blessings and I being on the same planet even just for a little while.

I love my two year old I really do-I REALLY DO. She is a miracle-it's a miracle that she is even with us right now. She is just being so testy and pushing the limits of my patience.

This is the fourth time she has acted like a chimpanzee and plastered her crap all over the walls, her blankets, crib and herself.

Edited to add : I do watch her closely. She was super silent and in her crib for nap time. I thought she was asleep and enjoying her dreams. And I check on her every few minutes. But it was timing and when I checked on her the last time she had made a huge mess!.

A half hour bath in which I scrubber 4 complete times. Bleached the walls. bleached her crib.

You know where the laundry is icon_wink.gif

So here I am present and accounted for in the roll call. Our house which we left and moved 120 miles away from for work is still being held up by our Bank from actually selling. We have had rain out days on my hubbies job and things are so tight my kids are handing in their science fair projects on a PowerPoint display because I can't spend grocery money on displays. I can't sell cake in FL from home and no one is hiring. Why does life cost so much? Don't even get me started on the hospital bills from our little miracle that the insurance won't cover from her near death accidental drowning.

I soo need a break.

CALGONE!!!! Take me away....
LL

favrtdtr Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 9:53pm
post #27 of 166

I'm doing ok. My previous landlord went nuts and kicked Teri out of her room and fired her - all cuz she was mad at the person living there before. It's a mess. Teri's still working part time at the hotel as am I but neither of us is making enough money to cover more than food and my car and insurance payments. My food stamps application is still under review - has been for a couple of months now and I don't know what the hold up is. My sister used up the food stamps she qualified for earlier this year. I didn't get the bloodbank job either and he said my interview was great - so I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. Right now, I'm trying to save a few dollars from each paycheck from weekends so I can move to my mom's house and in with psycho sister so at least I have a roof over my head. The job market is no better up there, but my parents won't kick me out and I can be there for my nephews a little bit.

Summer - congrats on the move to Colorado - I hope it works out well for you. That kind of adjustment is hard, I've done it myself before.

Carson - I'm prayin that this scope goes fifty million times better than the last one did AND that they can find and fix whatever the problem is!!

Sadsmile - I'm sorry you're having such a tough time right now - both with the house, hubby's job, and your kids. Kids will get into things or do things and no matter how closely you watch them - they find a way. Why on earth wouldn't you insurance cover the bills from an accidental near death drowning? That's absurd and I am sooo sorry. I am also very happy that it turned out to be near death and not fatal since it happened at all. Hope you get a break soon. ((HUGS))

summernoelle Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 11:06pm
post #28 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

What's this thread about? Real laundry?

No! It started because I called a client back one day while she was in the throws of passion, and we called it laundry instead of s-e-x, since who knows if we are allowed to say that on CC. Anyway, they deleted the thread (big meanies) and here's the new one.

About your little s**t monkey, I have BEEN THERE! It is so hard. My son did that around 2 1/2 yrs old where I would catch him in his room, rubbing it in to the carpet, and sometimes on the walls in the bathroom. Just thinking about that makes me want to run out and tie my tubes. It's awful, but it does pass. I promise!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 1:47am
post #29 of 166

It was soo bad and so much worse that before. This time instead of wiping her hands on stuff to get it off... I could tell she had obviously scraped every bit that she could out of her diaper to use and squish and plaster everything she could reach. Oh-MY-G-osh! it was soo bad!

I am wondering if maybe she needs some finger paint and playdough.

And some duck tape at nap time. No I'm not going to duck tape her to her bed so she can't move-though the thought has crossed my mind. icon_evil.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I was thinking more of a red-necked rubber pants type thing over her diaper that there ain't now way in H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks is she ever going to be able to get off. icon_wink.gif Just taper her in and get-r-dun!

jlynnw Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 4:39am
post #30 of 166

Sadsmile - surely that little angel you posted is not doing this icon_surprised.gif I would say it is time for the finger paints. We got a special board for our sons room so that he could paint on the lower part without damagin the house. It was real cheap. I would, if I had to do it again, get a cheap paint jane board and let him at it. I also woould recommend the footed PJs worn backwards. They still can get out but it does make it harder and maybe the chance to catch her in the before the little artist begins. (I cut the neck in front to make it not choke him) Oh, the uses of duct tape icon_cool.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif

Favs - danged it. I just don't know what to say. Life is just getting tough. My company was just sold and we find out Monday if we have jobs. If not, I do know a place that will be hiring. icon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

Summer, go and breathe some air for me. Not this dry dusty Texas, allergy sickening mess that is in my lungs. Enjoy it. Where abouts are you?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%