Questions About The Floating Tier Cake Stand

Decorating By music77 Updated 3 Nov 2009 , 12:28am by music77

music77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
music77 Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 9

I have just been informed that my brother is getting married and once again my mother volunteered me to make the wedding cake. It is really funny because my husband just "restricted" me from making cakes cuz I get too stressed out without any compensation. Anyway, I was looking at some designs and I really like the look of the floating tier cake stand. It looks alot easier than trying to dowel. For those of you who have used it, is it as easy as it looks? Also is it sturdy?? How often do you use it...I have a 50% off coupon for michaels. I dont do alot of cakes, just for family. Will it be worth the price? TIA for any and all help!

8 replies
ihavasweet2th Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihavasweet2th Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 9

It is definitly worth it. I got my in 1990 to do my sister's wedding cake. It was the first wedding cake I made. I was scared to death. She said "nothing to be nervous about, think of it as 3 cakes put together"!! My mom bought the Floating tier cake stand and that is how I got started making wedding cakes!! Not only have I used it for wedding cakes, I have used it for a graduation cake, to served desserts on it for my children's Confirmation parties, family get togethers etc. I use it at Christmas and decorate the metal bar, you can put the bar to the side and decorate it, or have the bar in the back as well. I also use it for a cupcakes. It is very versatile. Even if I didn't do cakes I would use it for family get togethers for desserts of sandwiches as it saves a lot of table room!

The stand is sturdy and takes the stress out of wedding cake set-up and delivery. You can't go wrong with this stand!

HTH,
~ihavasweet2th~

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 9

I just used one for the first time last week for a wedding cake. It is one of the easiest cakes I have ever done. The only thing is the biggest cake you can use on the bottom is a 14" (my bride needed a 16" - so I just made a kitchen cake to make up the servings) It is fool proof!

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:54pm
post #4 of 9

I really like mine. Have used it for cupcakes and other stuff too.

I got lucky with mine because they discontinued the ones in the old box so I got it for like 15.00 a few years ago.

conb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conb Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:55pm
post #5 of 9

I used mine for my nieces wedding cake (you can see it in my pics). It was very easy to use. I just decorated the stand, then added the cakes. It was worth the purchase. icon_cool.gif

MACakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MACakes Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 4:26pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks for asking this question. I too am thinking of purchasing one for my parents 50th wedding anniversary cake. Looks like it's going on my Christmas wish list icon_lol.gif

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 4:33pm
post #7 of 9

how easy is it to sut and serve the cakes from? Do you take the plate from the stand and then serve?

ihavasweet2th Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihavasweet2th Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 5:21pm
post #8 of 9

In answer to jlynnw, you just take the cakes out of the stand to cut and serve. I would take the top two off before taking the bottom one out, as not to throw it off balance and risk the top falling off.

music77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
music77 Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 12:28am
post #9 of 9

Thank you for all your comments...I am definatly going to get this stand...now if I can nudge the bride into wanting it for her cake everything will be perfect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%