1St Wedding Cake - Corpse Bride Cake!

Decorating By susanscakecreations Updated 2 Nov 2009 , 11:10am by ckckhome

susanscakecreations Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 1:29pm
post #1 of 7

Well, here is my 1st wedding cake.........which turned out to be a corpse bride cake icon_surprised.gif .........and considering everything, I think it turned out pretty good.......the bride wanted red velvet w/cream cheese filling (I didn't want to use real cream cheese, so I used the canned cream cheese frosting mixed in w/my buttercream-tasted yummy to me!)
This was also my first time airbrushing a cake.........still not sure if I like it or not...........But I did use the SPS system, which you HAVE to try! (love it!) I had a slight problem when I put the separator plate on top of the bottom layer, it made the fondant crack a little, so I had to go back in and paint the cracks, which I then tried to conceal w/a butterfly or dragonfly!!!!!! Plus it seemed like the cake was starting to sag a little!!!!!!!! Then I started to panick, because I just felt like this cake wasn't good enough, but my husband was like, "I'm sure she will like it!" And when we delivered it, her mother said "she will love it"...............and I'm glad that her mother put the awesome spider web netting over the silver plate, it made the cake look so much better!!!!!!!
Ok, I'm rambling.........like I said, I think it turned out ok, although I'm not sure I'm ready to tackle another wedding cake!!!!!!!!!!
(oh, the butterflies and dragonflies are non-edible).

Thanks for all your help and inspiration!

6 replies
cylstrial Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 7

It turned out great! Personally, I wouldn't want to make it - because I don't like corpses and stuff for weddings. However, I think it makes a great Halloween cake!!!! But I think you did a great job. Especially, as it was a TT.

Stefy Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 2:23pm
post #3 of 7

I don't get the dragon flies and butterflies with the corpse bride and gloominess of the cake. They don't seem to fit to me.

Other than than, you did pretty good!!

susanscakecreations Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 2:39pm
post #4 of 7

Yeah, the dragonflies and butterflies don't seem to go with the theme; but that is what was on the Corpse Bride Cake that Anne from Pink Cake Box had, and that's what the bride wanted..........so......I don't know.........maybe there was something in the Corpse Bride movie about it............???

Loucinda Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:46pm
post #5 of 7

You did a GREAT job on this! I am sure the bride loved it. icon_smile.gif

Ruth0209 Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 4:39pm
post #6 of 7

I just did a corpse bride cake this weekend for a wedding, too! I thought it was a hoot. It's not what I would want for my wedding cake, but the bride and groom totally loved it, and they did get married on Halloween after all. I think the mood is what you make of it. I think the cake is full of whimsy which makes it fun and happy. Mine was also a very close copy of Pink Cake Box's.

My daughter told me that the butterflies are significant in the movie. I assume the dragonflies are, too.

ckckhome Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 11:10am
post #7 of 7

you did a great job, I would love to make a cake like this one day. Pat yourself on the back

Quote by @%username% on %date%