Stenciling On A Round Cake??

Decorating By Chelsea1027 Updated 1 Nov 2009 , 9:30pm by HarleyDee

Chelsea1027 Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 12:35pm
post #1 of 4

I've been watching tutorials on stenciling, but I've yet to see one where they did a continuous design on a round cake. I understand how to stencil on a square cake, but I can't figure out how you would move the stencil over to keep the design going without destroying what you've already done. Is there some insanely long stencil I don't know about?

3 replies
MBoyd Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 4

I guess it depends on if you're using RI or BC - I recently did a stenciled cake, (in my photos) but I used RI and let it harden before I did the next repeat of the stencil.

You could also trim the stencil so the extra space on the ends doesn't interfere with the next repeat.

__Jamie__ Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 7:14pm
post #3 of 4

You stencil one section at a time. Lift it off, and wash it and dry it. Wait a bit for it to set up. Then, best thing, is do another section to one side of the original stencil and do the opposite side. That way you get more done at one time. But have to wash stencil every time you take it off.

And I use shiny tinted piping gel most times. I like how it is different from matte finish RI or BC. But you really have to have steady hands and patience to do that.

An extra set of hands is indispensable as well....they hold stencil, you fill it in.

HarleyDee Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 4

I was going to say RI then let it harden too. Otherwise you would have to trim your stencil close to your design so that it wouldn't touch but then be careful not to go outside of that with whatever you're filling it in with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%