M*a*s*h Cake

Decorating By cathie_shinnick Updated 11 Nov 2009 , 2:07pm by dblevins

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:37am
post #1 of 5

i just had a request for M*A*S*H cake. Does anyone have any ideas, Im drawing a complete blank . TIA

4 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:47am
post #2 of 5

A square cake, fondant covered to look like a tent, with MASH 4077 written on the top?

Here's a search of some M*A*S*H images to give you some ideas ... a tent is on page 13. I had fun scanning thru over 35 pages looking at this stuff!
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0WTefedBO1KieQAa9mJzbkF?p=m*a*s*h+4077&fr=yfp-t-701&ei=utf-8&x=wrt&y=Search

I saw a picture of the latrine; a pic of the signs that showed the city and miles ("Honolulu 1315 miles" / Tokyo 187 miles" etc) and a number of pics of the ambulances and mash logos.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 12:15pm
post #3 of 5

jeep,w/camo, red cross emblem and M*A*S*H 4077 on it

ambulance (ditto)

what looks like a food tray courtesy of Igor

Radar's clipboard

Radar's teddybear

any dress or hat from Klinger (partial to his scralett o'hara take off)

large martini glass

a still

a landing pad scene -- with the helicopter and doctors.

an Army M*A*S*H procedure manual -- under glass -- obviously new -- box labeled "use only in emergency"

could do a diorama -- sheet as ground -- them little building made out of cup cakes or cut up section of another sheet -- have the M*A*S*H, the swamp, the latrine, rosie's bar, the mess and make it all a muddy mess.

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 1:25pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks for all of the great ideas....this will be fun.

dblevins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dblevins Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 2:07pm
post #5 of 5

Cathie,

Being a M*A*S*H fan, I would love to see what you come up with. My suggestion would be to use the Swamp. Every M*A*S*H fan knows the Swamp.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%