Coca Cola Cake

Decorating By nanatrucker Updated 1 Nov 2009 , 7:33pm by nanatrucker

nanatrucker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanatrucker Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:00am
post #1 of 5

Hey Yall, I need to make a coca cola cake and there is one in the gallery by ChefT that I just love and I was wondering if any of you knew how they got their buttercreme to fold like that on the sides,I sent a message to them but haven't gotten a response. Can someone help me ? Please! icon_confused.gif

4 replies
bellabakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellabakes Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 2:22pm
post #2 of 5

It looks like they just used that big wide flat tip... sorry I don't know tip numbers...and used it with the same motion you use to make a shell border starting from the bottom then going up. Hope that made sense... Maybe someone else can be a little more articulate than I haha.

nanatrucker Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:43pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for the info.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 5

nanatrucker, I would agree with bellacakes. It looks like they used the large icing tip, don't quote me but I think it is the large rose petal tip #127D. This tip can also be used for applying your icing to your cake. It sure makes frosting a lot easier. But I digress. You could also use fondant to create the "lip" of the bottle cap, if you would rather use fondant. Just apply your buttercream underneath, place your fondant on the cake, and using a dowel or chopstick just lift and pinch the fondant together. You may have to moisten the underside where you are pinching together with a small amount of water. Just try to keep your sections evenly spaced around the cake. Does that make sense. If not PM me and I'll try to be a little more specific.

nanatrucker Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 7:33pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks Cabescakes it makes sense! Thanks to all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%