How To Make A Cake Bleed

Decorating By patiese1 Updated 4 Nov 2009 , 6:05am by patiese1

patiese1 Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 2:57am
post #1 of 6

The customer would like the cake to bleed when it is cut! I have no idea how to make this happen. Anyone have any ideas? TIA

5 replies
__Jamie__ Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:16am
post #2 of 6

Stab it. Hard.

Just kidding. I guess a thinned out strawberry coulis or other red berry preserve mixture perhaps, dammed real well so it bursts forth when cut into.

cakenutz Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:16am
post #3 of 6

Only thing I can think of is piping gel and red food coloring Maybe placed in small zip lock bag so when you cut into it oozes Just a thought HTH

summernmicah99 Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:28am
post #4 of 6

I've made bleeding cakes... it's a blast! I decorated the sides of the cake as usual, but damed the top as you would for filling between layers. Filled the top dam with raspberry or strawberry filling and carefully covered with a fondant "lid". Decorate the top as you would for any cake. When the cake is cut, it oozes beautifully! I've made bleeding rounds & sheets, and am making another tonight that will bleed. Have fun with it, just go a little heavy on the filling... Have fun& please post pics & updates of the bleeding adventure!

JanH Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:37am
post #5 of 6
patiese1 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 6:05am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for all the great ideas. I have a lot of ideas to practice with. You are the best!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%