Question

Business By towncrierbakery Updated 3 Nov 2009 , 5:46pm by all4cake

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 4:23pm
post #61 of 65

Texas Rose- are you serious. No bereavement time off? .wow! That's just crazy.

I have never heard of that. I do some of the HR stuff where I work and if you're salaried then you get your sick, vacation and personal days.

Truly custom- Good luck to you. Your cakes are wonderful and good for you for being such an ethical person. That will return to you tenfold.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 4:37pm
post #62 of 65

My ex husband's job use to dock them 30 min for each 5 min if they were late, so if you were 10 minutes late you were docked an hour! And they only gave a half hour for lunch. So he had to take his lunch everyday or he would have been late back to work since the closest place to get food was about 15 minutes away.

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 8:26pm
post #63 of 65

That's actually illegal. By law (if you're paid hourly) you MUST be paid for the time you work. Now, they can tell you that if you're 5 or more minutes late, that you cant clock on until you are right at 30 minutes late.

anitsirK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anitsirK Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 5:30pm
post #64 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8memphis-

The credit for and owner of the design in the photo is a non-factor legally as far as I understand it but I'm not a lawyer

Legally whoever owns the photograph owns the rights to it--the contents of the photo are not a factor unfortunately.

I know this is from a few pages back, but I wanted to mention that this isn't as black and white as you might think. Ford has stopped Mustang owners from using pictures of their own cars in a calendar.

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/01/13/ford-car-owners-are.html

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 5:46pm
post #65 of 65

...the impression I get from the story in the link, anitsirK, is that there is a calendar involved (I didn't read it but...) and possible sale of such calendars would, even though individuals' vehicles may be being used, be infringing on the original copyright owner's rights by using those photos to promote such sales and profit from those sales. It would be the same if I took pictures at Disney World of DD, MM, Pluto... and used them to promote my business in any way...they're my photos....but they're being used in such a way that isn't allowed ...

you're absolutely right, it isn't black and white...trademarked...copyrighted items are protected by a thicker coat of laws than those items that aren't trademarked....(most items clearly state, the use of any portiion of said item is strictly prohibited without written permission from owner)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%