I Need A Good Printer This Time For My Edible Images

Decorating By tame Updated 17 Nov 2009 , 11:20am by icingimages

tame Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tame Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 9

Okay i purchase the epson cx4800 a couple of years ago for my edible printing needs and i had problems the first time i use it . I just purchase some ink for $75.00 and now the darn thing will not print and has use up all the the ink trying to clean it. I tossing it and ready to buy a new one but this time I want one that i will not have a lot of problems out of. I purchase the ink and paper from kopykake, any suggestion on a good printer ?

8 replies
LacyHogan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LacyHogan Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 4:04am
post #2 of 9

Ooh, i want to know this too as i would like to venture into this as well. ::anxiously awaiting answers::

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 9

when i called kopykake the gentleman recommended the epson nx415. I am planning on buying one myself.

ButtacreamRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtacreamRose Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 4:26pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTB

Ooh, i want to know this too as i would like to venture into this as well. ::anxiously awaiting answers::

I also would like to know .

tame Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tame Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 2:01am
post #5 of 9

I look at the steamer for cleaning the print head on the printer from kopykake and it excludes epson. I have just had a bad time dealing with my first epson unless it was just that model and i and kind of afraid of buying another one, I have only use it about 4 times.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 3:01am
post #6 of 9

I am not sure if you found your answer yet, but consider our gold label line. It is a Canon printer that has a removable printhead. This allows you to take the print head out if it clogs, but the Gold Label printer has yet to produce a clog thus far in our office. Whatever printer you use, you want to be sure that you use it! Even if you print on regular paper, use the printer.

ericaplh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaplh Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 3:44am
post #7 of 9

Is there a printer out there that doesn't need to be used often to be reliable... I am in the market too, but only require an edible image once in a while...Any advice would be great!

EdibleSupply-Com Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EdibleSupply-Com Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 6:50am
post #8 of 9

We do have both Epson and Canon printer for any one of you. Please email me if you have any other question.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 11:20am
post #9 of 9

The Gold Label seems to be preforming well over longer times without clogs. However, still I do recommend rather than investing in a printer, I would use a company that prints for you. We do not recommend that you purchae a printer unltess you will be using it at least once per week. We print for bakeries at a reduced price and will ship it. It does require planning ahead. There are also plenty of people on Ebay that will print images and ship them as well.

Understand, its not that it wont work, but if you do get a clog from sitting, if the clog is more serious, it could potentially cost you more than the print is worth to fix.

Another thought. If you really want to purchase one, go to area bakeries and let them know you have a machine and offer your printing services at a reduced cost. This way you can use your idle printer and make some money as well!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%