Any Ideas??

Decorating By Madiken Updated 6 Nov 2009 , 10:21am by CakeDiosa

Madiken Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 9:12pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a cake for a Ukrainian Dance School fundraising auction. The lady who asked me to do it would like it somehow "themed" for the event. She wants it to "look like" a Ukrainian Dance cake. Any ideas?

5 replies
Kitagrl Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 6

I'd make the design sort of "tapestry" like the outfits above and then maybe make a gumpaste dancer on top...maybe a small two tiered or just depending on how many servings you are making.

kakeladi Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 2:04am
post #3 of 6

When I attempted to visit the line I got a 'firewall alert' icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:37am
post #4 of 6

Oh didn't seem to be a bad link for me..? Hm well anyway go to Google images and put in the keywords for that particular type of dancer and you'll find the uniforms.

Madiken Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 4:24pm
post #5 of 6

Great Idea! I'll give that a try! She is now suggesting something to incorporate the way the head piece looks and I've seen them but am now stuck again. The head pieces have flowers in the front and long colorful ribbons cascading down the dancers backs. hmmmm.... any ideas?

CakeDiosa Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 10:21am
post #6 of 6

How about something two tiered with the flowers on the front of the second tier (or bottom - wherever) and the ribbons gracefully placed trailing on the cake (like the head piece) and a pair of gumpaste dance shoes on top (haven't seen them - just a thought for ya'!).

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%