Tobas Glace Question

Baking By kileyscakes Updated 4 Nov 2009 , 8:33pm by PattyT

kileyscakes Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 5:14pm
post #1 of 11

I just made tobas glace for the first time the other day and it was way to runny. I had to add like another pound of ps to make it to 10 second consistency. I always thought that recipes are for stiff and then just to adjust it slightly. Do people use it this runny? or is there a recipe for that same type of icing but for the stiffer version?

10 replies
JGMB Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 1:06am
post #2 of 11

Another CCer shared this recipe a while back, and I love it!! Mix 3 cups sifted powdered sugar, 3 Tbsp. milk and 3 Tbsp. light corn syrup. Add 15 drops of Brite White, then whatever color you want the icing to be. This is just about the right consistency for outlining the cookies, then add a little more corn syrup for flooding consistency. I just used this recipe on Tuesday for these smiley faces and was very happy with it!
LL

theSophistiCakesshoppe Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 12:42pm
post #3 of 11

What is bright white?

theSophistiCakesshoppe Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 12:44pm
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

Another CCer shared this recipe a while back, and I love it!! Mix 3 cups sifted powdered sugar, 3 Tbsp. milk and 3 Tbsp. light corn syrup. Add 15 drops of Brite White, then whatever color you want the icing to be. This is just about the right consistency for outlining the cookies, then add a little more corn syrup for flooding consistency. I just used this recipe on Tuesday for these smiley faces and was very happy with it!

What is Brite White?

ButtacreamRose Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 4:10pm
post #5 of 11

Americolor gel paste food coloring.
Wilton has one called white-white.

MACakes Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 4:32pm
post #6 of 11

Thanks JGMB, I have been debating doing flood cookies for Christmas. Last years was a huge mess. I will give this recipe a try icon_smile.gif

luv2bake6 Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 10:53pm
post #7 of 11

Do you have success doubling that recipe?

JGMB Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 11:34pm
post #8 of 11

Sure, you can make as much as you want. thumbs_up.gif

luv2bake6 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 3:38pm
post #9 of 11

thanks

kileyscakes Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 7:48pm
post #10 of 11

Thanks for the response I think I will give it a try.

PattyT Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 8:33pm
post #11 of 11

I have the book at home (sneaking on CC during work), so can't quote amounts, but I think the main recipe is for the flooding consistency. Then later she gives proportions for adding powdered sugar to that for outline consistency.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%